WoW: Scroll of Erections

Massively Mongy Online gaming. Bum your way through the internet public.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

WoW: Scroll of Erections

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Looks like blizzard are getting desperate for players, they've brought out a new scroll of resurrection thing, that actually has some useful rewards.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/services/sc ... urrection/
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: WoW: Scroll of Erections

Post by FatherJack »

Good for the recipient if they don't already have the expansions, although that and the level boost are only available during the 90-day promotion period.

The recipient has to have subscribed for at least 30 days in the past and the donator only gets their horse if they go on to subscribe for another 30.

Still, though if you've never bothered with the expansions, and/or couldn't be arsed to get your characters to L80, but always wondered what it was like, or if you ever wanted to be a shadow priest but could never be bothered will all that stupid healing you had to do for the first 40 levels - it's a great opportunity as you get the bonuses plus the seven days play time before deciding to resubscribe. Sucks to be the donator if you don't, though, but they can send a couple of invites out per day.

I'd be tempted to L80-up my holy priest or feral druid, because I got totally stuck with them getting their arses handed to them through the mid-20s. I do have a pre-paid game card I've never used, but I don't know if that would count for the donator's mount.

Of course they'd probably be level 80s with shit gear and no money, but at least they could go back and give those L20 mobs a good kicking.
eRabbit
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by eRabbit »

I'm really tempted to poke someone for one of these, if nothing else than to choose a character I never played at higher levels (Shaman or Mage) and have a bit of a play, but my time is limited :(
Fred Woogle
Zombie
Zombie

Post by Fred Woogle »

Was just about to post this, I would like to give one if someone needs one :D

When you pick your toon and spec, it gives you some reasonable gear aswell :)

"How does the boost to level 80 work for the Scroll’s recipient?
After accepting the Scroll, the recipient can choose one character to boost to level 80. The character’s spec will be chosen by the recipient prior to completing the level boost and the character will also be given appropriate talents under the chosen spec. The character will be placed in his or her faction’s capital city and will be ready to adventure immediately. This means that the character will be granted all class skills and spells up to level 80, a flying mount and riding skill, and a green quality set of level- and spec-appropriate gear for leveling.

Any gear that was on the character prior to the level boost will be mailed back to the character via in game mail.

Hunter pets will not be given a spec, so level boosted Hunters will need to spec out their pets normally after logging in for the first time.

Note: Active quests may be abandoned when a level boost is performed. If a quest is abandoned in this way, you will be able to pick it up normally from the NPC who originally gave you the quest."
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

I seem to have an invite from someone named Trolvis - I don't recognise the name, is it anyone here?
Fred Woogle
Zombie
Zombie

Post by Fred Woogle »

FatherJack wrote:I seem to have an invite from someone named Trolvis - I don't recognise the name, is it anyone here?
I don't recognise the name :P

But I can send you one if Berk doesn't want too.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Trolvis is me.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

You should have mount now. Ride it wisely. And Hard.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Shitfuck. Everything's moved. Where is Stormwind AH, Shattrath portals, Dalaran portals?

WTF am I supposed to be doing as a L80 Alliance cleric with zero clue as to what butons do?
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Noxxic.com is handy. Dala only has portals to stormwind and org now.

There should be a command board thing giving you choices where to quest. (vash or hyjal at 80)
Wifeyberk
Mushroom
Mushroom

Post by Wifeyberk »

Also know a couple of ppl after the mount, so if any more fancy ressing their accounts, let me know, after Ty ofc coz he said it before me. :) Mobslug is bugging me to get the mount too