Minecraft

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Re: Minecraft

Post by Anery »

I could password it but the whitelist is working, took some fannying around with clanforge but I got it to work last night (I wasnt't going to leave the server non-whitelisted once I'd found out) it's been tested and confirmed
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

After losing about 3 starting shelters and all my health to hunger, this is my trickiest Minecraft yet. A word of warning to the owner of the panic button fort. For whatever reason, the entry bridge is damaged and isn't holding out the nasties - pretty sure I saw a creeper in there before. I'd have fixed it but I wouldn't know where to start and also never have any stuff due to constant death. I will build my top secret 3dmax modelled evil lair if it kills me (which it has been doing, over and over and over again).
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

I'm not whitelisted to the server :(
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as a server password, but I could well be wrong.
Baliame
Tremors Worm
Tremors Worm

Post by Baliame »

spoodie wrote:I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as a server password, but I could well be wrong.
I'm pretty sure the password was the usual when you were hosting.
tandino wrote:After losing about 3 starting shelters and all my health to hunger, this is my trickiest Minecraft yet. A word of warning to the owner of the panic button fort. For whatever reason, the entry bridge is damaged and isn't holding out the nasties - pretty sure I saw a creeper in there before. I'd have fixed it but I wouldn't know where to start and also never have any stuff due to constant death. I will build my top secret 3dmax modelled evil lair if it kills me (which it has been doing, over and over and over again).
Fuck me, I hope it wasn't refucked by griefers after the rollback. I'll need to check on it.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

More likely Creepers.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

I just went on the skytrain.

Holy fuck :shock:
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

:wave:
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

can anyone poke anery and ask him to add me and jock to the white list please?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Anery made me a server admin, so I've added you (well, Jock. You were already in Tezz). There seems to be three files for some reason but you're in the two everyone else is in. Give it a shot and poke me if it doesn't work.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

You know, with being able to crouch and not walk off edges, building stuff high in the sky isn't as frightening or as deadly as before.

I quite like that.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I still died a few times building my monument. One of those falls landed me on two creepers too who blew holes in her thighs.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

buzzmong wrote:You know, with being able to crouch and not walk off edges, building stuff high in the sky isn't as frightening or as deadly as before.
I've never quite worked out how to do that and built all my stuff using the peep-over-and-occasionally-fall-off method, all the while feeling slightly queasy.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

FatherJack wrote:
buzzmong wrote:You know, with being able to crouch and not walk off edges, building stuff high in the sky isn't as frightening or as deadly as before.
I've never quite worked out how to do that and built all my stuff using the peep-over-and-occasionally-fall-off method, all the while feeling slightly queasy.
Hold shift and have no fear. It's quite simple although jarring at first as you'll travel half way "off" the block before you stop.
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

Dog Pants wrote:Anery made me a server admin, so I've added you (well, Jock. You were already in Tezz). There seems to be three files for some reason but you're in the two everyone else is in. Give it a shot and poke me if it doesn't work.
Seems to have worked, ta DP!
Baliame
Tremors Worm
Tremors Worm

Post by Baliame »

buzzmong wrote:
FatherJack wrote:
Hold shift and have no fear. It's quite simple although jarring at first as you'll travel half way "off" the block before you stop.
I should probably mention that by releasing Shift at this point you will gloriously fall to your death, so HOLD IT TIGHT.
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

I think the server has gone down :(
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Yeah, it had fallen over. Should be up now.
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

Thank you Mr Pants for your prompt response :}
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

By the way, there is an earth block in the spawn (on one of the walls) that makes it very easy to escape