SLA - Campaign Progression

For games played by men (and women) with beards, such as tabletop RPGs.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Who do you like getting your BPNs from?

Jacob Haynes, Financier
50%
Lloyd Langley, Media Type
No votes
Mr Daniels, Internal Troubleshooter
No votes
Dour, Necanthrope
50%

Total votes: 2

Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

SLA - Campaign Progression

Post by Dog Pants »

I'm a little behind on writing so the next BPN might be a few weeks (although I'm not out of ideas by a long chalk). So in the meantime I'll keep the momentum, such as it is, by asking you to discuss the out-of-BPN stuff that goes on. Downtime, tactics, character relationships, future plans both as individuals and a squad. As far as the latter goes there are options I've probably mentioned before. To make that one easier I've put a poll up there ^, but I won't be railroading the campaign based on that. Also, I have a couple of Black BPNs in the proto-stages of design. I'll never offer these up, only let you know when they're done for you to ask for if you feel the inclination. Be warned, I take the 'Suicide Mission' tag on Blacks literally. That's not to say everyone will die, but they will be designed with the opportunity for a party wipe if things go wrong, and with the likelihood of at least one death even if they don't. Of course the rewards are also high, and anyone who dies will have the opportunity to create a new character with the accumulated experience and SCL of their old character so not to be at a disadvantage (as opposed to in line with the lowest SCL member as a new player or normal death would).
The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by The Shutting Downs »

From a purely IC view, I say Haynes, steadier, high paid work , whereas the others will get us work a bit more ad hoc, good work, but you couldn't garuntee it to pay the bills.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Haynes - trustworthy, steady, and I have a lot of loyalty towards him. He's got us some good gigs so far.

Langley - good for the media side of things and raising our profile for sponsors etc, but I do not trust him. I think he's more self serving than most people we've met/are likely to meet, and although he too has provided us some good BPNs, I have no doubt he would hang us out to dry the instant something went wrong.

Daniels - we could be well in with Karma if we continue to do work for him. So far I think we've got a good reputation as 'fixers'. However, problem for me is that as an Ebon I am pro-Dark Lament. Doesn't mean I'm anti-Karma, but I don't fancy the idea of being their lapdog.

Dour - Ebon bias again here, for me Dour is the path to understanding more about the Ebb, and Dirk is driven by a thirst for knowledge. However, Dour is a scary fucker and we are probably somewhat akin to ants to him - I'm not sure what long term investment he'd put in us, but I still trust him slightly more than Langley (but only in as much as I'd trust a tiger over a snake).

So for me I'd prefer Haynes or Dour, but the others do have their uses and I think we should still keep them onside.
The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by The Shutting Downs »

Wereas Eraser has no Problems being Karma'a little bitch, they built him after all :D
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Yeah I really enjoyed the runs with Dour, they're probably the best with the freaky stuff. Outside of that, while getting in good with Karma is great, as a Wraith Raider, I don't know really how much they can really offer deej personally.