GT:TP Park choice

Forum for organising the next LAN event

Moderator: Forum Moderators

What park should we grace with our presence?

Up North: Flamingo Land
14%
MIdlands: Alton Towers
57%
MIdlands: Drayton Manor
No votes
South: Legoland
No votes
South: Thorpe Park
29%
South: Chessington
No votes

Total votes: 7

Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

GT:TP Park choice

Post by Anery »

I think most of us think theme parks are a good thing and the rest think they are good whilst bashing.

I've had a look and put together a small list of parks to see where we fancy going.

Up north is Flamingo Land, it is a crap theme park and a crap zoo but put toghether you can have a laugh there.

Midlands is Alton Towers or Drayton Manor. I think Drayton Manor has been visited already. Alton Towers is the daddy of theme parks in the UK but queues get pretty long.

Down south is Thorpe Park, Legoland and Chessington. I think Chessington has a few animules and some rides but I think its pretty kiddiefied. Thorpe Park is Alton Towers for Southerners. Legoland is supposed to be for kids but if you don't say anything I won't.
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

? Sorry maybe i'm going blind,
but what/when is this for? ThemeParkBash sounds good, or is this related to something else?
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

I can host a Leicester-ish bash for alton towers if needed. (parents house in enderby (google it))
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

ProfHawking wrote:? Sorry maybe i'm going blind,
but what/when is this for? ThemeParkBash sounds good, or is this related to something else?
Tis ThemeParkBash, working out where would be the best place to go. Looking at prices and pretty much all of them are robbing cunts.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Back when our kids were kids, we quite irresponsibly took them out of school to visit Alton Towers and The American Adventure (now closed) - the queues were okay on schooldays. Also there's Camelot in the NW, but I don't know much about it.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Assuming I have the money (and kitchen pass) for any, I don't really mind. Of the ones I've been to I enjoyed them all. Flamingo Land has a zoo too, and was where this was taken:

Had a similarly brilliant one from Alton Towers with a log-flume full of us wearing Hallowe'en masks (in august).
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Go to Legoland
Equip this