Robotic Bumlord

Crysis 2

Post by Roman Totale »

Thoughts, etc?
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Perhaps I'm being dense, but it keeps asking for my serial key every time I log in - and it's a pain in the arse to type the bastarding thing in every time.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Ah, the key thing is a known error apparently:

http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopi ... 40&t=12386

I'm not having much luck with multiplayer so far though. It crashes every time I go to 'Customise', my firewall is being dickish (despite Crysis being set as an exception) and the server browser is horrible (surprise).

I've not played any of the game yet.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Man I'm not having much luck with this game. Started the campaign and all the NPCs have disappeared - I can't get further than the first 25m of the game.

I believe there are patches on the way, but then I think of Magicka...
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

As disappointed as I am to break the Roman-flow of this one man thread, I have played this now and have formative opinions.

It's very pretty, and runs fine on my machine. The action so far is pretty standard stuff, but I understand the 'action bubbles' thing - A chokepoint/checkpoint leading into a more open area where you can take on the bad guys as you like. They're not shoddy either, taking cover and hosing over the top, moving about if they think they're out of the line of fire. So not bad so far. Pretty and with solid shooter gameplay. Nothing to shake up the genre though.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Well I'm in the 'liking it' party.
It feels a bit more fluent than the first crysis, gameplay-wise. Making it so that you auto-jump high and auto-run at high speeds makes a lot more sense and makes you a bit more versatile when fighting.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Just finished it. I reckon around 12 hours on normal for me (including deaths, lots of deaths)

Liked most of it, whole thing felt solid and well put together, but there were bits of oddness.

Didn't like FUCKING QUICKTIME EVENTS.

Actually, most of them weren't too annoying, but the one near the end is inexcusable.

oh yeah, the MP needs a few patches, and some driver updates, then it'll be cracking fun.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Oh yeah, and no quicksave + checkpoints before ammo dumps? fucking criminal.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

The MP had me frustrated last night. You can feel the potential there, using the suit to stealth behind people or make your escape, and the movement is nice. But the action just felt frustrating - flare from the guns meaning you couldn't see what you were shooting at (real weapons don't do this, developers!), maps that encourage camping, and for some reason it just got laggier and laggier as the night wore on.

I'm going to tinker with the graphics setting to try to reduce the (probably HDR) muzzle flare and increase performance (separate graphics settings for MP would be awesome), and part of the lag might have been the server, or my brain being increasingly beer-fuddled, or both. The maps will hopefully be less campy when people learn them. So I've not written the MP off yet, but having everyone quit because of lag frustration and eye-bleedage a couple of hours in isn't the best start. Especially when we then revel in how much better BACON is. Erm, apart from Roman who was still lagging.

Oh, on the good side though it did lead to a certain amount of hilarity - a big hole in the middle of one map perfect for power jumping into like a spaz, plenty of "where did you go, you shit?" moments from the cloaking, and much bemusement as we tried to work out what the fuck the game mode was and what we were supposed to be doing.

Also, turn off the videos. For the love of god.