Festivals 2011?

Forum for organising the next LAN event

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Legoshoes
Unicorn
Unicorn

Festivals 2011?

Post by Legoshoes »

Sort of missed this years festival fun and wondering where festival going 5punkers are planning to go next year in an effort to make vegging in a field significantly more 5punky.

I'll be planning either Download or Sonisphere, The Big Chill and possibly something bigger like Leeds or V.
As well as Sludgefest, Chillax, wickerworld, the inoffensive electronica festival, wet weekend and Pimms in the Park with timbuk Three headlining.
How about y'all?
Last edited by Legoshoes on August 9th, 2010, 9:51, edited 2 times in total.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Lateralus
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by Lateralus »

Haha, quality.

I've never actually made it to one of the big festivals for a week of camping and drinking, but have aspirations to amend that. However, I have no specific plans for festivals next year, but depending on things and stuff, might go to Leeds. The main one for me is a trip to Glastonbury in 2012, but that's quite a way off yet.

That said, a very good friend of mine played at the Big Chill this year, so I'll probably check that one out too, and I've heard good things about the End of the Road, but can't make that one this year.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

ill probably be doing secret garden party again next year as thats my faviroute festival, a bit expensive but well worth it, along with atleast one smallworld , but thats not really a festival as they dont have any licencing its really 499* hippies sat in a field for a week, ill possibly try and do bangface and shambala too, and glastonbury if i can

*along with a few hundred more that shouldnt be there
Jackinabox
Kitten
Kitten

Post by Jackinabox »

Despite wanting to take a look at Bestival on the Isle of Wight, I am being convinced to go back to glasto for the fourth time due to
a) lots of friends deciding they want to go for the first time
and
b) it's awesomeness & the fact I have still not experienced every area/field in 3 years of going.

Big Chill it looks good, it's certainly got bigger very quickly with good acts and big names.

Secret garden Party looked amazing, came back from glasto and searched for people who i wanted to see on tour that werent at glasto and pretty much all of them were playing this festival.

Did Download for the first time this year and it was amazing (this being due to Deftones followed by Rage Against The Machine!), but unless your really into the music I'd at least look at the other festivals where you'll get a wider mix of music for your money.

Can't comment on reading/leeds, haven't been :(

Sonisphere is a HUGE festival and would probably be a great festival/holiday. If you can wait out on people trying to tout their tickets then you might get lucky; my mate got a ticket for £20 like a week before the event

If your willing to go abroad then definately check out pukkelpop - Belgium & Lowlands in Holland

:lol:
Fred Woogle
Zombie
Zombie

Post by Fred Woogle »

I'll definately be at Donwload, Sonisphere, Bloodstock, and hopefully Wacken :D
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

I'll be at popping my Glastonbury cherry this year.
Apart from that, no idea!
Jackinabox
Kitten
Kitten

Post by Jackinabox »

ProfHawking wrote:I'll be at popping my Glastonbury cherry this year.
Apart from that, no idea!
Coming to see Beyonce then? :P

Friendly fire are playing though, & BB King :)
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Glasto for me too - coldplay and beyonce can fuck of though. Primal scream are usually good live.

Possibly try and get to sonisphere too.
TheJockGit
Boba Fett
Boba Fett

Post by TheJockGit »

Engelbert Humperdink is coming to Blackpool :P

http://www.visitblackpool.com/site/even ... ck-p605260
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Gah, starting new job Monday so not able to make any festival plans this year. Been to glasto only once and it was unbelievable The Who headlined and were fantastic - even though it was chucking it down.
I heard The Eels were there this year too. Grr, jealous now, have fun guys.
Baliame
Tremors Worm
Tremors Worm

Post by Baliame »

Novarock, most likely.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

When drunk, about 20 years ago, I decided to go to Reading festival. The best way, I figured, was simply to walk there.

On reflection, this was perhaps a little ambitious.

http://goo.gl/maps/EDAE

I got as far as B, where I slept on a bench and then walked home.