New Release - SEGA Dreamcast Collection

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

News Reader
Salmon Ninja Pirate Gayer
Salmon Ninja Pirate Gayer

New Release - SEGA Dreamcast Collection

Post by News Reader »

Image New Release - SEGA Dreamcast Collection
Author: Valve Valve
Category: Valve news update Valve news update
Publish Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 10:23:00 -0800

SEGA's Dreamcast Collection is now available on Steam.

Experience four of SEGA’s classic hits from the Dreamcast era in this must-have collection. Speed through uncharted territories in Sonic Adventure DX™, zip around town in Crazy Taxi™, fend off menacing invaders in Space Channel 5: Part 2™ or get your nostalgia fix with Sega Bass Fishing™.

Pick your favorite or collect all four at a specially priced bundle deal.

Read more...

Source: Steam RSS News Feed
Description: All Steam news, all the time!
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

I wouldn't pick those as my favourite Dreamcast games, indeed of them only really Sonic would feature in my top 10, and be behind its sequel.

The fishing game (and Sonic Adventure also had fishing levels, though they have have ditched them for the DX version) was a bitch without the special controller, and as about as exciting as you might expect a fishing game to be.

However, I noticed this collection was subtitled 'blue', so it's highly likely there will another one at some time. I hope so, and hope a few of my favourites appear on it. While about half of them have already appeared on later systems, some of the best haven't and my fourth Dreamcast is just about dead (it overheats and shuts down).
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

They expect people to pay £20 for this and £6 separately? Ambitious if nothing else.

Of those I'd only put Crazy Taxi in my favourite Dreamcast games list. Although if the recent console release is anything to go by the original licensed music will be gone. Whether you're a fan of The Offspring or not their music was integral to the style of the game.
Akiakaiu
Shambler In Drag
Shambler In Drag

Post by Akiakaiu »

I just want them to release the phantasy star series and the 2 rpgs they had for sega cd, vai and some other game I can't remember the name of.
Stoat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stoat »

I'd quite like Jet Set Radio. The soundtrack is joy.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Akiakaiu wrote:I just want them to release the phantasy star series and the 2 rpgs they had for sega cd, vai and some other game I can't remember the name of.
Lunar

The Phantasy Stars are available on the mega-collection CDs for 360 and PS3.

I got Lunar and Vay going in an emulator years ago with some disk images I have.
Anhamgrimmar
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by Anhamgrimmar »

No Powerstone? No Skies of arcadia? Not even a freebie ChuChu Rocket?

Pass.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Anhamgrimmar wrote:No Powerstone?
That game was pure genius, if they release that I will be chuffed to bits, especially now that steam is coming to PS3
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

My top-something list would look something like this, including where (if anywhere) else they are available:

Shenmue - not available anywhere else
Shenmue II - Original XBox
Skies of Arcadia - GameCube (includes DLC, but no VMU support)
Powerstone (I & II) - PSP, Arcade
Grandia II - PS2, PC
Sonic Adventure 2 - GameCube (enhanced Chao garden support via GameBoy Advance w. game and cable)
Sonic Adventure - GameCube, XBLA, PC, PSN, PS3, 360
Evolution - GameCube (includes sequel)
MDK2 - PC, WiiWare & PCHD Remake due this year
Metropolis Street Racer (later Project Gotham Racing aka PGR) - not available anywhere else, though the sequels are ubiquitous
Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2 - PC, GameCube, Original XBox, 360, PS2
Re-Volt - PS1, PC, N64, Old XBL, PS2

I'd love to add Elemental Gimmick Gear and Record of Lodoss War, but I've never played them, despite owning an unplayable import of the first one. They're classics I'd like to see remembered.