SLA Quotes

For games played by men (and women) with beards, such as tabletop RPGs.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

SLA Quotes

Post by Dog Pants »

The GM's guide I'm writing already has a few nice quotes direct or paraphrased from previous characters, but not nearly enough. You guys must have some from our BPNs though. Post any good ones and I'll put them in the book and make your character famous!
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

Ones we actually made, or make some up that fit our characters?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Either, I'm not fussy. As long as they look good in the book.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Okay, a starter for 10 to demonstrate;
Folly, SCL8B.2 Ebon with White Heat squad, 901 SD wrote:It’s not fucking right man! We’ve a termination warrant for this guy, and he’s doing the same job as us. Every time he kills it’s one less monster on the street. If we kill him we might as well be pulling the trigger on all those missing kids. He’s not a serial killer, he’s a fucking hero. Christ, three BPNs ago they stopped us killing that psycho because she’d look good on the Contract Circuit. It’s fucking bullshit man, I hate this job.
Des Walker, SCL8B.8 Human with White Heat squad, 901SD wrote:Shut up Folly for chrissake, I’m not having your mouth getting us in the shit again. Just do your job and track the guy so we can get paid.
Ruler, Stormer with Strawberry Switchblades wrote:Interdermalising must really chafe. Ebons are weird.
Dannt Snowflake, Ebon with Strawberry Switchblades, in response to previous quote wrote:We’re weird? We’re not the ones who have to buy lips.
Maclat Parr, Wraith Raider Scout, SCL6A.3 wrote:A Sarge class powersuit is a dangerous opponent, but with the correct application of horse and tactics can be dealt with asymmetrically – that is for maximum result disproportionate to the minimum risk to the attacker. In this case I aimed for the hydraulic supply joint in the suit’s neck, which lines up nicely at ground level with the pilot’s head. She never saw it coming. Maximum result, minimum risk.
Of course I deliberately aimed for it. I didn’t actually expect to hit it though. Sometimes you just have to rely on luck.
Johannas member speaking to an investigating Operative near the Café Royale wrote:What ya be wantin’ ‘round ‘ere, company mon? There no needin’ ya to go botherin’ about dat now, we take care o’ tings whidout de likes o’ yous. Now run along, ‘fore ya gets ‘urt.
Danny Southwell, Daisy Chainsaws squad, explaining himself to a LAD team wrote:Aaaah, listen it was a mistake! The guy was looking down a rifle sight at us so we shot him up. Who wouldn’t? How were we to know he was a Cloak Division observer? He should have bought himself some binoculars to avoid confusion. Anyhow, he’s got a LAD account so it’s no big deal, right?
What do you mean you can’t re-attach his head? Oh.
The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by The Shutting Downs »

Mr Risikko - BPN Contract wrote:So, did you find out what happened to that squad?
Squad 5 Punk collectively wrote:What Squad?
The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by The Shutting Downs »

Ms Kirk wrote:Who the fuck do you think you are talking to those subversives? You are not here as a negotiator, we have professionals for that. You are here to lead an assault squad into that building, where you can negotiate with them BY FUCKING SHOOTING THEM! Now get your squad into that goddamn building and clear it.
Dirk Gentlly wrote:You know you look very pretty when you're flushed and angry like that.

Listen, I asked for a full brief when I got here and you didn't deliver. Our job is to resolve this situation, and I'll use whatever tools are at my disposal.

So then, we've got a job to do and you need to start pulling your weight. Patch me through to the negotiation team immediately - I will converse with them whilst I find the rest of the squad.

Ms Kirk wrote: You're wearing my patience thin, Gently. I'm not patching you to a goddamn thing, and if you don't do what I tell you to right now I'm docking your SCL. The rest of your squad are in the lobby preparing their assault. I suggest you catch up to them there.
Dirk Gently wrote:Fine, if you're adamant then we'll discuss this over a candle lit supper this evening.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

:lol: Good call.

Found another in the depths of my document;
Seamus Leary, Human Death Squad Op with Red October squad wrote:Man, I hate KPS. Okay, I punch a reporter a bit an' everyone gets pissed at me, so KPS cancel their sponsorship deal. Which is shitty to begin with 'cos now I have to do a BPN a week to pay off my loan, but what makes things worse is I can't afford to respray my armour an' so I leave their logo on my shoulder. Next thing I know some asshole lawyer is ringin' me and tellin' me KPS are gonna sue me for copyright infringement! 'Cos I'm wearing their fuckin' logo!
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Not an exact quote, but:
Haynes to Five Punk wrote:Where is you squad leader?
Squad wrote:He's off visiting his mother
Haynes wrote:His mother? But he's a stormer!
Squad wrote:It's complicated
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Haha, yes. Gerald and his mother :)
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Advanced Carriens wrote:Fred, what we want is, I think, what everyone wants, and what you and your viewers have: civilization. The niceties, Fred. The fine points: diplomacy, compassion, standards, manners, tradition... that's what we're reaching toward. Oh, we may stumble along the way, but civilization, yes. The Tas-Tuo, chamber music, Captain Contract. Everything your society has worked so hard to accomplish over the centuries, that's what we aspire to; we want to be civilized.
*a Carriens with a beanie cap acts goofy nearby*
Advanced Carriens wrote:You take a look at this fellow here.
*The Advanced Carriens shoots the goofy Carriens in the head. The other Carriens laugh*
Advanced Carriens wrote:Now, was that civilized? No, clearly not. Fun, but in no sense civilized. Now, bear in mind, none of us has been to Mort before. There are the Uptown shows - we'll have to find out how to get tickets. There's also a lot of street crime, but I believe we can watch that for free. We want the essentials. Dinettes. Complete bedroom groups. Convenient credit, even though we've been turned down in the past.