World of Tanks - be there or be just infantry!

Where we come together to shoot 5punk.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

detrimental78
Svenno
Svenno

World of Tanks - be there or be just infantry!

Post by detrimental78 »

WoT is fast approaching an open beta and if you get in before the reset you could get the xp you made returned when it goes open, so now is the time to strike!
Of course, the more we have online the more people and platoons we can get going the better the experience we can all benefit from!!

so go get it on - its the brand new thing, baby!
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

It's true, it's awesome. I've never really been convinced of the benefit of platoons though, they just seem to stop you getting back into the game. If they implimented stuff like being able to see your squadmates on the minimap it would be more useful.
Baliame
Tremors Worm
Tremors Worm

Post by Baliame »

Wait, it's in closed beta? I'm pretty sure this is the only game where my application has been approved in less than a day, then.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Dog Pants wrote:It's true, it's awesome. I've never really been convinced of the benefit of platoons though, they just seem to stop you getting back into the game. If they implemented stuff like being able to see your squad-mates on the mini-map it would be more useful.
Platoons without TS is kinda pointless, but formulating strategy and calling targets greatly improves survivability. You can see your team in various ways, not least of which being the alt button.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

ALT shows all friendlies, not that useful for finding your platoon. Everything is easier for teamwork with TS, but a few GUI helpers wouldn't go amiss.