Ghost Master - PC

Console/PC game reviews by 5punkers

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Ghost Master - PC

Post by Dog Pants »

Only a short one 'cos I'm tired, but this is only £2.50 on Steam so it might be of interest.

Ghost Master looks like The Sims, but in this version you get to play nasty tricks on your gibbering little people. It plays a little like Dungeon Keeper or Evil Genius, placing your ghosts around and telling them to use various powers to solve puzzles, often by manipulating mortals, and scare people. A balance often needs to be found between scaring and working, as the more scared the meatbags are the more plasm you can spend on powers, but scare them too much and they run away for good, which often causes the mission to fail.

It has a nice little unlock system where you can rescue ghosts from each map and use them later, and also buy new powers for them. Apparently you can also go back to maps to get any you've missed and try with different combinations of spooks.

In all it's an amusing little diversion. It has a nice sense of humour and puzzles that make you feel clever for solving them without being too difficult. It doesn't feel very substantial though, ironically. As a full price game I'd say sweep for a bit of light entertainment, but for this price I'd say £2.50 is well worth the time you'd get from it.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Nice price for a fun game. I played it quite a lot when it first came out and the premise is almost identical to The Haunting on the MegaDrive, without the annoying in-between level dungeon bits.

The difficulty ramps up quite steeply after the first couple of levels and you end up having to consult FAQs on how to select the correct ghoulies and get combos of triggered scares going to further frighten your increasingly fear-resistant unwanted tenants, but the animations are great fun to watch.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Just remembered a bit that made me do a lol; when you enter your name there's a little cutscene of a seance and you select the letters on their oija board, then they all run off terrified when you click okay :lol:
Fear
Zombie
Zombie

Post by Fear »

I bought it last night, I've completed the tutorial frat house thing, although I couldn't work out how to release the witch from the vacuum cleaner.
Baliame
Tremors Worm
Tremors Worm

Post by Baliame »

www.gamefaqs.com.

Nuff said.