slightly dodgy UT copy

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

comrade yannnovski
Mushroom
Mushroom

slightly dodgy UT copy

Post by comrade yannnovski »

How fussy are UT servers about how genuine the copy of the game you are using is?

never played it online before and was just curious.

I of course no way condone software piracy, or anything like that. oh no.
Woo Elephant Yeah
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Woo Elephant Yeah »

There are a few servers out there that support dodgy copies, but I have no idea what their addresses are etc...

You might wanna try a web search allthough I bet they will be hard to find :|

UT2004 is very hot on people stealing keys etc, and I doubt if {some person} would be able to play online with a hooky cd.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

a damn good question.

because ..er....a friend would like to know.

yes. indeed. *ahem*
comrade yannnovski
Mushroom
Mushroom

ahh welll

Post by comrade yannnovski »

thought it would probably be like that, i havent really played it that much, will have to give it a go see if its worth the investment!
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

WooElephantYeah wrote:There are a few servers out there that support dodgy copies, but I have no idea what their addresses are etc...

You might wanna try a web search allthough I bet they will be hard to find :|

UT2004 is very hot on people stealing keys etc, and I doubt if {some person} would be able to play online with a hooky cd.

bumgrapes.

comrade yannnovski wrote:thought it would probably be like that, i havent really played it that much, will have to give it a go see if its worth the investment!

if you just want to give it a go, is there not a demo version that lets you play net games? I seem to remember there being one that only allowed you access to certain maps, or something.

other than that, i guess its a trip to my local second hand game shop for me :cry:
Woo Elephant Yeah
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Woo Elephant Yeah »

Joose wrote:if you just want to give it a go, is there not a demo version that lets you play net games? I seem to remember there being one that only allowed you access to certain maps, or something.

other than that, i guess its a trip to my local second hand game shop for me :cry:

http://www.unrealtournament.com/ut2004/downloads.php
Jay
Mouse
Mouse

Post by Jay »

Joose wrote:other than that, i guess its a trip to my local second hand game shop for me :cry:

Hmmm. People tend to copy games and keep the CD keys in my second hand game buying experience.
vulga
Svenno
Svenno

NoCD cracks

Post by vulga »

Hi there. I work in an interweb cafe and as a result, I have to make sure that all the software is installed correctly and that no-one goes off nicking anything here.
So you can see that I've HAD to patch all the UT2004 machines to work without the DVD in the drive. I don't know about the CD version (if indeed there is one) and I cannot recall having to enter any sort of serial number.

However if you go to http://www.megagames.com and click the "game fixes" on the left of the screen and locate the UT2004 patch after that, that's the one I'm using here.
And they've been fine for months. No complaints, and all servers tend to work with it.

I know, it scared the living shit out of me to.
newg
Kitten
Kitten

yes it works

Post by newg »

I know this because i... erm i mean my friend runs... actually, I read it somewhere, yep, that's it.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

well, i discovered that its bloody huge, and would take about three days for me to download it. :shock:

Not that i would commit such heinous crimes. No no, not me.

So i took a bunch of old games i no longer play down to my local gamestation and traded for a brand spanking new copy of UT2004, for a total expenditure of ?4. Hurrah!

So now all i have to download is that badger skin :D

EDIT: and the patch, and the community packs, and the editors choice thing... :roll: