What are the multiplayer modes in AA

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Woo Elephant Yeah
Heavy
Heavy

What are the multiplayer modes in AA

Post by Woo Elephant Yeah »

Okay, I had a bit of a go at this on the weekend, btu didn't have the foggiest what I was doing :lol:

Could you give a brief explanation of the modes, and what they involve?

I think I could get really into this game, but need a bit of direction with the basic rules for each gametype etc. :roll:

/thick fuck
Knight
Meerkat of DOOM
Meerkat of DOOM

Post by Knight »

Ok, np mate, doesnt mean you are thick, lol

Ok, so the rules change on the different maps.

Generally, there is an assault and defense team on each map, who's role is pretty self explanatory, generally to hold or take set objectives, or in the case of assault, reach a certain goal.

Exception to this rule is Pipeline: here, objectives must be destroyed using Incendiary grenades.

Special horses maps (wont concern you yet) tend to have more involved, complicated objectives.

Personally, for general play i only use one map, the most popular one online: Bridge Crossing.
Set on a bridge, with teams at both ends (defense/assault) this map is simple in design and play. Its probably the best one around, with defense merely having to prevent any Assaulters reaching the trucks behind the gatehouse at one end, or killing all the assault team. Likewise, Assault must reach the trucks, or take out all defenders.

Dont worry mate, i'll put up a sticky with a more detailed description soon, and i'll also organise to go online with you, and show you some of the maps :)

Ok? :)
Woo Elephant Yeah
Heavy
Heavy

Knight wrote:Dont worry mate, i'll put up a sticky with a more detailed description soon, and i'll also organise to go online with you, and show you some of the maps :)

Ok? :)

Sounds good.

I will make a good young padawan :lol:

/star wars nerd
mrbobbins
Robotic Despot
Robotic Despot

Post by mrbobbins »

Loaded this up the other day to start doing the training missions, shooting! cool. done. fine.

Assault course, went to climb up an obstacle, before I got near the top it kept saying I'd failed, "That's a redo" or something equally annoying, gave up after about 15 trys as it was really pissing me off.

Now is my climbing skill really not up scratch? :? or have I missed something obvious? :oops:
Woo Elephant Yeah
Heavy
Heavy

From the sounds of it, the training can be a bit buggy, so you'd better give this patch a go, and then retry the training.
I finished the course in time, but was then told I failed, yet the 2nd time it worked fine. That was also before applying the patch in this thread : http://www.5punk.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=167
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

mrbobbins wrote:Assault course, went to climb up an obstacle, before I got near the top it kept saying I'd failed, "That's a redo" or something equally annoying, gave up after about 15 trys as it was really pissing me off.

Now is my climbing skill really not up scratch? :? or have I missed something obvious? :oops:

I had that too. "That may be your way, but its not the Army way!" or some such tosh.

Turns out i was being too carefull. Just line yourself up with the fram and press forward. You'll scoot up and over it, hurtle off the end and land with a sickening crunch noise. But for some reason, thats ok.

I had done it enough times for the voice of the cursed drill instructor to haunt me in my sleep. :evil:
mrbobbins
Robotic Despot
Robotic Despot

Post by mrbobbins »

you'd better give this patch a go, and then retry the training.

Sir yes sir!

Will do it tonight, then grit my teeth, give the drill sergeant the finger behind his back and go for the training again.

Is it just me?, or is the first thing you try on every game seeing if you can shoot people you're not supposed to, although disappointingly in AA the instructer didn't fall down in a pool of blood it just faded to black and started again.
Knight
Meerkat of DOOM
Meerkat of DOOM

Post by Knight »

lol
yeh, the assault course i bugged to hell and back :(

Jooses solution is the way to do it, but that voice can get REALLY annoying....i turned the speakers off once i knew how to do the course :P

took me loads of attempts too, due to bugs.
NevTheUnfluffy
Svenno
Svenno

Post by NevTheUnfluffy »

Small hint for climbing down things: you have to be FACING the ladder.

The drill sergeant does tend to complain if you just dive off the top and break both your knees. So just turn round and step backwards, and you should find yourself climbing down the ladder/netting/barbed wire. Ok, you shouldn't be climbing barbed wire, but hey, it's YOUR hands...