Pete's evil DnD adventure #1 Lamb of a Dark God

For games played by men (and women) with beards, such as tabletop RPGs.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Joose
Turret
Turret

Re: Pete's evil DnD adventure #1 Lamb of a Dark God

Post by Joose »

I'll just head towards wherever the breeze is coming from then.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Bits - the other priests scatter in terror or collapse trembling. They're fans of dishing out pain but never really expected a fighter they've healed to set about them. The guards are employed by Borabas and are looking rather unsure as to what to do. One of them, a stout dwarf in thick gilded armour calls out to you.
guard wrote:What are you doing you stupid Gnoll! Borabas will have your damned hide for killing the healers from the church, they'll try and shut this place down! Unless he flays you and nails what's left to the doors!
Joose - forging through the green leaf walls of the jungle room, a voice calls out in a lilting sing-song fashion.
voice wrote:Have a care Morley, tread softly for you tread on my dreams!
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Morley looks down at his feet, then back up again.
Morley wrote:You have curious dreams, sir. To whom am I addressing?
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

HereComesPete wrote:Bits - the other priests scatter in terror or collapse trembling. They're fans of dishing out pain but never really expected a fighter they've healed to set about them. The guards are employed by Borabas and are looking rather unsure as to what to do. One of them, a stout dwarf in thick gilded armour calls out to you.
guard wrote:What are you doing you stupid Gnoll! Borabas will have your damned hide for killing the healers from the church, they'll try and shut this place down! Unless he flays you and nails what's left to the doors!
Ragorr will proceed to drape and smear the entrails and guts of the dead priests over himself and fuck the remains of their corpses, all the while staring the guard dead in the eyes.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Grimmie and FJ - still stood at your respective doors, are you wanting to do anything??

Joose -
voice wrote:Come now Morley, surely you can't have been in our city for these few weeks without learning a little about the local guild? I am Gotho of course! Keep moving forward and you shall reach a pool with table and chairs, sit and we shall converse.

A chuckle follows, strange that it sounds like a chirruping bird, but also sinister.

Bits -
guard wrote:Stupid vile beast! Borabas be damned, I'll skin you myself before their gods wrath descends upon us!
Roll initiative!
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

Still doing what I put in my last post - going inside and looking for Morley :p
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Ah yes, so you did.

You walk in to the same scene as Morley did earlier. A huge room, sheared away at the far end to reach out in to the fighting pits. many layers of balcony stretch upward. The heat, noise and stench are all blending in to a heady miasma. Plants hang from the distant ceiling as do huge chandeliers basking everything in a luminous glow.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

Initiative:

Roll(1d20)+4:
12,+4
Total:16
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

The guard charges forward, pulling a wicked looking axe up and grinding it along his shield as he does. He slams in to you but fails to connect with his swing. The priests are still cowering, for now it's you and him as the other guards look on.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

So FJ - Noli is now getting strange looks from nearby groups as he stands in the doorway staring in to the fog.

Grimmie - Xanuin is in the tavern with the spectacle unfolded in front of you.

Joose - Mr Morley is stood silent amongst the trees and ferns etc, the strange chuckling laugh continues.

Bits - your turn.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

HereComesPete wrote:So FJ - Noli is now getting strange looks from nearby groups as he stands in the doorway staring in to the fog.
Sorry, yeah - was planning to write a long and compelling piece about staring into the rain/fog and warring with inner demons about self-preservation vying with ambition to be a somebody in the dark one's pantheon.

In short, he turns back inside to see if everyone is okay, specifically the head priest dude.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

They're all looking like they might be dead. Slumped, bloodied and partially frozen, no one is moving. Various bits of religious paraphernalia litter the room, incense pours weakly from censers that have spilled across the floor. Various scythes, cloaks (including a still smouldering one discarded by Ealhfring) and other items are scattered from the strange event.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Bits - Ragorr's turn. Currently he's not holding his axe as he's fucking entrails.

Anyone else doing anything??
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Noli will cautiously look around, prod the fallen with a scythe handle to see if they are dead.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

can i strangle him with the entrails?
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Oh, yes, Morley will head to the pool and take a seat.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

FJ - as you'r prodding the bodies, the ex ex high priest's body lurches into sitting upright, his arm slowly raises and points at you, with a hiss he slowly points to Ealfhring then back to you again.

Bits - grapple check would do that. Guard does get an attack of opportunity if you do go for that, picking up the axe would also provoke an aoo, other option is an unarmed strike.

Joose, as Morley glides in to the seat, a small bird lands, cocks it head quizzically and flutters off. Soon after the cacophony of noise ceases somewhat and a tremendously fat individual emerges from the trees on the other side of the pool. They step forward a few paces looking at you, but they then stagger, drop to one knee and fall forward face first in to the pool.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Morley looks at the dead guy and waits a couple minutes to see if anything happens.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Joose, do a spot and listen please.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

HereComesPete wrote: Bits - grapple check would do that. Guard does get an attack of opportunity if you do go for that, picking up the axe would also provoke an aoo, other option is an unarmed strike.
Organ grappling it is! Is it just a d20 + my grapple mod?

If so

Roll(1d20)+8:
17,+8
Total:25

Assuming success i shall grapple him into a perfect skull fucking position and bark out "Don't worry, i'm sure one of these boys will be accommodating and work the balls for you" glancing at one of the cowering priests

And if possible i will do an intimidate check to make sure he doesn't try and bite my cock off

Roll(1d20)+8:
20,+8
Total:28