Eclipse Phase: Devoted

For games played by men (and women) with beards, such as tabletop RPGs.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Joose
Turret
Turret

Re: Eclipse Phase: Devoted

Post by Joose »

Dog Pants wrote:Joose, how feasible is it to grab vid feeds of him from the net? Is there like a Nanchon-tube?
You would probably need to do some serious hacking if you wanted to perve on them in their house, but its probable that there are a bunch of sensor/video feeds in the more public areas that are much easier to get at if you are just looking to track someones movement generally around the hab. Some will be just open for anyone to look at, but in a place like this there is likely to be the equivalent of those people who stick IP webcams on the internet with the default passwords about the place too. You can have a hunt around yourself or get your Muse to do it for you, and you want Research or Infosec. Research is your general searching skills, Infosec is hacky-nerd stuff. Research will give you more results for a shittier roll, but Infosec will give you more quality results.

Once you have the video feeds you can either keep your eye on them yourself or you could task your Muse by giving it simple instructions ("Tell me where Nazon is every ten minutes" or "Warn me if Nazon comes within 200 meters of my location" for example).
Sorry for keep putting things by you, I'm still feeling my way around what's possible in the setting. Things that sound good in my head might be way off because I've misunderstood something.
No, absolutely keep throwing these things out there. I would rather be asked a million questions than none at all, and there is a lot of options in EP.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Eclipse Phase: Devoted

Post by Dog Pants »

I'm no hacker, I was more looking for public recordings of them. I'm assuming that's what the research roll is for.

Research 30:

2, 4: 24 Success!

Infosec 30:

3, 8: 38 Failure!