WHFRP: Through the Drakwald

For games played by men (and women) with beards, such as tabletop RPGs.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: WHFRP: Through the Drakwald

Post by Dog Pants »

It's pretty heavy, maybe 30kg, but movable.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

30kg isn't much lighter than Alice (and she'd claim it was heavier), so I doubt she'd manage to lift it.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Larandar wrote:I feel we are done here. Shall we return to the townsfolk with our spoils?
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Larandar wrote:I shall take your silence on this as acceptance. Let us go now before whoever built that bonfire returns.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Lets tie this mofo us then shall we? Before we have to put it down.

Weighed down by lumps of boar flesh and the stone idol it takes you half the day to catch up with the refugees. And you fucking hate that idol by then. It seemed heavy at first, it seems twice as heavy after humping it for mile after mile. Amsteville looks interested in the idol and commends you for recovering it.

The rest of the journey to Middenheim is uneventful. As you get closer to the city you see some military patrols and the threat of the Drakwald seems to recede. At last you see the Ulricsberg, the great rock on which Middenheim is built, in the distance. The flags of the Emperor and Count Todbringer fly proudly over the battlements, but as you get closer you can see the devastation that Achaon wrought here. Mass graves are everywhere, the walls are pitted and scarred, and half the city seems in ruins. Even in Middenheim, it seems, life is a struggle. Welcome to the City of the White Wolf.

The refugees disperse, some of them thanking you as they pass. Captain Schiller comes to you with his thanks, although he admits he has nothing else to offer by way of repayment. Amsteville tells you he is going to take Father Dietrich's relic to the temple of Shallya, and that you are welcome to accompany him and return the idol.

Do whatever you need to do now in your downtime. You get 100xp each, which is enough for a stat increase. Personally I don't think, in hindsight, that this was a great adventure. It was very prescriptive and assumed a lot of the players' actions. Hopefully the next one will be better, but I'll be running a few more written ones until I get a feel for the system. If you're all still interested. I do like the system though. It's hard and gritty, but not so hard that you're close to disaster every time you do anything. Once the skills and advanced occupations start coming in I'd expect a real feeling of achievement and superiority.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

It will be better when we're not failing a good three quarters of the rolls :D