Pete's second shadowrun adventure: The Well of Wyrd

For games played by men (and women) with beards, such as tabletop RPGs.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Pete's second shadowrun adventure: The Well of Wyrd

Post by HereComesPete »

**Previous tales of the beard can be found in the consolidation thread. Some rules and whanot can be found in our wiki. Go give them a read and feel enlightened!**

Right, I'm taking the silence from most of you as you're saving karma at this time.

A few days after your meeting with Blake you receive a message from Anytime, requesting your presence at a location in Tacoma called The Well of Wyrd.
Last edited by HereComesPete on August 9th, 2010, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Is that where Mothra is from?
Aaah yes, Mr. Blake. I suppose I owe him don't I... Well I should probably get going then.
Alvrin will get all geared up and head on over to the meeting place.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Wyrd to yo momma!

I've not had time to look at spending Karma so I'll update properly once I get back from work tonight.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Roman Totale wrote:Wyrd to yo momma!

I've not had time to look at spending Karma so I'll update properly once I get back from work tonight.
:above:

In the meantime I'll set off. I've only got shanks' pony, so it might take a while depending on where I'm going. Once I get near civilisation I'll jump in a taxi I suppose.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Jon wrote:Sure thing, I'll be there
Jon to the others over Commlink wrote:Any of you kids off on this gig need a lift? I'm fucking bored and fancy driving a bit
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Jasper wrote:Y'all askin' if a bra needs a ride cap? Shore thang, y'all can fin' me on dis here geezmo?
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Jon wrote:Errr..... 7?
Jon wrote:Fuck it, I'll take that as a yes, I can find you from your Commlink
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

:lol: I can see this being the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Jon spoke a number?!

Anywhoo, as people have woken up about downtime, I'll delay this a few hours when I get in.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

He's aware of numbers, they just give him the fear :P
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

Updated consolidation thread by the by.
If there's anything else you want adding, let me know.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Right, enough waiting. Anyone not spent and pm'd me will have to hope they survive the next run so they can spend it then. Check the wiki for my new rules on gear.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Lex wrote:I wouldnt turn down a lift, thanks kid. Beats walking.
I'll send Jon a location just off Novelty Hill Road in Redmond for the pickup. As that is where I am. Obviously.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Right, got an answer from Deject first so we'll assume he arrives first.

The address you're heading for is in Fife, Lonestar don't really bother round here.

The sun is slowly climbing toward it's zenith, the sky is fairly cloudless on this late summer day. Temperatures are hovering about 70-75f and there's a breeze coming off the sound that's shifting any stifling humidity.

As Alvrin rolls along on his bike a few corners from the slip road off i5 he enters a fairly affluent area, convenience stores and filling stations that cling to i5.

There's plenty of traffic, both on the road and overhead, sea-tac airport is busy as ever.

Soon however as you move further away from the i5 you start passing more robotised plants, the housing gets smaller and less frequent and you see more graffiti around. Some of it is crudely sprayed pictures of an elf head with a spike through it, this is territory for The Spikes and they don't like elves much.

As you pull in to the bars lot you see it's filled with a variety of tricked out bikes and sports cars. In the near distance you can hear the tearing shriek of high performance bikes giving it plenty, palls of heat haze roil about above the black top as bikes scream past. There's lots of people of all shapes and sizes wandering amongst the bikes and cars, admiring the custom sprays and in car systems. Thumping music blares and clashes with each new system breaking in amongst the din.

Beyond them is a large wooden building, all gaudy lights and old fizzing neon at night it's quite muted in the sunlight. Your pan is assaulted by drinks offers and more gaudy displays that mimic the nigh time version of the display before you. The single largest sign is newer than the others, it's a rendition of a tree who's roots are wrapped around a pool of water.
Last edited by HereComesPete on September 27th, 2009, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

HereComesPete wrote:Some of it is crudely sprayed pictures of an elf head with a spike through it, this is territory for The Spikes and they don't like elves much.
Eep
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Okay, as Jasper and lex are both Redmond Jon and his aversion to limits and hanging around in barren's shit holes speeds them to the location for around one of the clock. Lets say half an hour after Alvrin arrived.

As I've had no word from Roman, looks like it'll be a while until Firenza turns up, might as well enjoy the cars and bikes or head inside for a drink out the heat of the day.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

It might be a good idea for Alvrin to leave his motorcycle helmet on for the moment. :oops:
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I'll try to keep a low profile. Or as low profile as I get while drinking, smoking, and telling filthy jokes. I'm not blatantly elf, but I'm not human looking either.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Yeah Alvrin has the Blandness quality, but he still looks like an Elf, just not distinctive in any way. I could probably get away pretty easily though.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Lex has goggles on, and the rest of him is covered in a red skintight suit. He has a zip up hoody on over the top half, open so you can see that the suit has "BITE ME" in big yellow letters on the front. He has his hood up.

Might sound wierd, but in Shadowrun skintight suits are not that uncommon.

He also has a backpack, with a picture of Dunkelzahn smoking a joint on it.

I'll stay in the car if the others are going into the bar. A child walking into a place like this might cause comment.
Lex wrote:Hey kids, someone keep a channel open so I can listen in. I'll keep things covered out here..