The First Forumised Paranoia Escapade

For games played by men (and women) with beards, such as tabletop RPGs.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

The First Forumised Paranoia Escapade

Post by Dog Pants »

If it weren’t for your shiny new red jumpsuit, you might almost think this was a day like any other in your life, here in DMM Sector. After all, you’re sitting at the same processing line you’ve always worked at in your service firm, alongside the same INFRAREDs you’ve always known. And yet, it’s not like any other day. For one thing, the hint of jealousy in your co-workers’ eyes is certainly new. You wonder how long it will be before Your Friend The Computer asks you to heroically serve it and all Alpha Complex. Suddenly the RED-Clearance supervisor for your shift appears,
waving a small printout at you.
RED Supervisor wrote:Looks like our high and mighty Troubleshooter has to go have a mission. Don’t worry. I’m sure the rest of us will enjoy making up the difference in today’s quota.
Your hands tremble for just a moment as you take the printout and see the RED border around it. This is it, Troubleshooter! Your first mission assignment!

Last edited by Dog Pants on May 4th, 2009, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.
Baliame
Tremors Worm
Tremors Worm

Post by Baliame »

MOMOMOMOMO-MO-MO wrote:Oh, finally, a promotion! Thank you, Computer!
Suddenly a slight expression of worry appears on MO's (I'm going to abbreviate this, my finger hurts already) face.
MO wrote:Is this briefing room a sterile environment?
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Grif wrote:Joy!

Thank you, friend computer, for granting me this opportunity to serve.

Whistle while you work *tweet-de-tweet tweet-tweet-tweet tweeeeet* !
Grif sets off to the meeting point with a spring in his step and a smile on his face.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Are you addressing anyone in particular Bali? Your supervisor just gives you a funny look.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Like you're a commie!
Baliame
Tremors Worm
Tremors Worm

Post by Baliame »

The supervisor obviously. He doesn't know me well enough now does he? :P
MO wrote:Oh right... Just give me that face. I'm going to briefing.
MOx7 heads off to the meeting point.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Mona wrote:This is most excellent! I must obey my friend The Computer because this is a great opportunity. In fact, I shall record everything
Mona fires up the multicorder and begins heading to the tubeway.
Mona's voiceover wrote:Our great friend The Computer, having generously given a promotion to RED status, has now called upon me, Mona, to serve Alpha Complex, a call which I shall answer to the greatest ability!
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

Derek practically beams excitement, giving a little jump up from his chair as he is handed the slip.
Oh yes! My first assignment, thank you friend, Computer.
I am honoured that The Computer has chosen me to help protect both it, and our beloved Alpha Complex!
He stands, scoops a collection of stuff into his arms, and sets off to the briefing room with a smile on his face.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

BessRESS1 wrote: A mission! Thank you computer! I will happily undertake this task for the happiness of the Alpha Complex
She gives her supervisor a funny look and skips off down the hall.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

The Computer wrote:CITIZEN GEOFF-R-TUG-1. ACKNOWLEDGE TASK AND REPORT TO TRANSBOT TUBEWAY PLATFORM A8:C7:60:FF.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Geoff wakes up from his daydream.
Geoff wrote:Of course, friend computer! What could make me happier?
Geoff merrily strides towards the tubeway platform.
Geoff wrote:Are you guys my team?
Baliame
Tremors Worm
Tremors Worm

Post by Baliame »

MOMOMOMOMO-MO-MO to Geoff wrote:Well that depends. Please open your mouth and breathe on me.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Geoff wrote:Why, are you some sort of pervert?
Baliame
Tremors Worm
Tremors Worm

Post by Baliame »

MO wrote:No, just a hygiene officer. You'd be surprised how much similarity there is though. Luckily I'm not the one doing the "routine private part hygiene check", although I don't know how anyone would do that, all those germs, bacteria, ewwww... Just open your mouth or I'll file a very bad report on you.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Geoff wrote:Ah, hygiene officer, eh? I'm sure you will see that im perfectly clean, don't you agree?
Geoff presents his tongue for inspection, and exhales into MO's face.
Baliame
Tremors Worm
Tremors Worm

Post by Baliame »

MO smells the odor of Geoff's mouth, then looks into it.
MO wrote:Hmmm.. teeth look pretty good. Tongue.. oh my god what is that? No, sorry, nothing. Well the apparent parts of your mouth look good but unless you're intentionally growing prokaryotes in the back of your mouth, on the orders of Friend Computer, I'm afraid I'll have to give you a MOMOMOMOMO-MO-MO Hygiene Scale (MOHS) score of 41972 out of 100000. Bear in mind you scored better than about 75% of the staff, so I'll be team up to group with you. I'm getting tired of having to lower my standards though.
MO grabs one of his towelettes and wipes his face.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Grif wrote:Good morning fellow citizens! And what a good morning it is I'm sure you'll agree, thanks to our friend Computer.
Grif goes around shaking everyone's hand. It takes about 10 minutes per person (although he spends a bit longer shaking MO's hand).
Grif wrote:Are you all ready and raring to go? Come on, let's have a sing song!

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands!

*clap clap*
Baliame
Tremors Worm
Tremors Worm

Post by Baliame »

MO inspects his hand after the handshake.
MO to Grif wrote:Is that your hair? And is that your skin? Keep your germs away from me! That's an instant fail on the hygiene routine check for you.
MO wipes his hand with the other side of the same towelette he used to wipe his face.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Derek simply narrows his eyes and pulls out a little notepad, filled with wonderful pages of algea-pulp paper.
He tentatively makes a note whilst looking between MO and Grif, snaps the pad closed, and then smiles sweetly.
Derek wrote:Marvelous, shall we proceed to the breifing room to collect our mission assignment, fellow team mates?
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Grif wrote:Now then my good fellows, let us start work with a smile on our faces! Some of you seem a little tense, especially you MO. Remember that a happy worker is a productive worker!

I would like you all to take some Happy Pills to ensure maximum efficiency! MO, I'll give you extra as I'm concerned you don't seem that happy. Surely you should be delighted to help maintain good hygiene around Alpha Complex?

Okay then people, smiling time!
Grif takes out several Happy Pills, he has one himself and ensures that the rest of the group takes at least two - and gives MO 3.