The Third Forumised Shadowrun Adventure!

For games played by men (and women) with beards, such as tabletop RPGs.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Joose
Turret
Turret

The Third Forumised Shadowrun Adventure!

Post by Joose »

ZOMG!
GOETIEM!

Right fellas, last chance to get in if you haven't already. Those I have signed up to this run are:

Roman
Pants
Pete
Deject
Grimmie
Fabyak
TSD

Anyone I've forgotten? Tell me now, or you will have to wait for the next run.
Also, for the new players, don't worry about how you will be introduced to the game, I've got it covered.
Last edited by Joose on July 2nd, 2009, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

:excited:
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

fabyak wrote::excited:
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Roman Totale wrote:
fabyak wrote::excited:
The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by The Shutting Downs »

Dog Pants wrote:
:lol:
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

:boogie:
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Zomg! It's not a start but it's better than a kick in teh teefs.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Okey dokey, off we go!

Chopper, Al, Leland and Frank all get a message from Pappa Pastukhov:
Pastukhov wrote:Hello my friends! A business acquaintance of mine has offer for you for work. Good job, big pay. You getting more big time now! Meet him at following address for details. Don't let me down! Udachi!
The address is for an area downtown, with lots of business offices and suchlike.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Leland calls up the others.
Leland wrote:Hey guys, I just got a message from our benefactor Pastukov, and I'm guessing you also got the message, you guys want to meet up? I'll drive.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Woop!

A quick reply to Pastukhov -
Frank wrote:Thanks for the contact Mr Pastukhov, I'll do my best to help your acquaintance.

Then a message to Chopper and Al
Frank wrote:Hi, how you guys been? Mr P mailed you too? I'm gonna get in touch with Leland an see if he fancies picking me up so we can head over to this address.
I'll put a call back through to Leland next. Whilst doing that I'll put my armour jacket on and throw a coat over the top. I'll also put on both pistols.
Frank wrote:Hey. How you feeling after last week? I'll be ready to go soon. Just doing some checking on the location. Drop round and the security will let you in, you're still on the system.
Right, I want to use my computer search skills and various programs to look at my maps of downtown and figure out as much as I can about the location.

I think this is the rating of my pan's system + the rating of my browse program. Possibly it needs a search program to look for me because my inherent computer skills are fairly basic. If so I'd better buy a search program.

editz for deej's post.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Al, to Pastukhov wrote:Count me in. I'll meet your acquaintance in a few hours once we're ready.
Al, to Leland wrote:You picking me up? I'll be ready in ten minutes. I'll be wearing ladies' underwear.
Al, by phone to Leland wrote:Ignore the bit about underwear in my email, damn AI in my house is giving me the runaround.
I'll speak to people after that.
Al, to Frank wrote:You coming on this one with us again? Good stuff, I like having a meat shield or two. Haha, only kidding, you and Chopper saved our asses last run, good to have you on board.
What do I know about the area of this address?
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

I'm feeling right as rain now, thanks for asking. I'll pick you up in about XX minutes.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

HereComesPete wrote:I think this is the rating of my pan's system + the rating of my browse program. Possibly it needs a search program to look for me because my inherent computer skills are fairly basic. If so I'd better buy a search program.
It would indeed need a search program to get anything meaty, but from what you can find out without one, its a fairly well to do area. Lots of big businesses have their more public offices there, as well as the main offices of a few Seattle based companies. Security is reasonably high there, but as long as you have a vaguely clean SIN to display on your comlink, you keep your comlink set to visible (so the cops can check it at a glance), and you don't start waving guns about in the street, you should be fine.
Dog Pants wrote:What do I know about the area of this address?
Much the same as what Frank has found out via Google, with the additional fun twist: You know from your contact Hiro that the company that owns the building you are due to meet in has ties with the Yakuza, and is possibly a Yakuza front. To the outside world, the company is called Satoyuki Exports, but there are strong ties to the Shotozumi-gumi, the biggest Yakuza clan in Seattle.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

I guess I'll buy a search program at the end of this run if I'm still alive.
Frank, to all wrote:Hey, a quick scan through the maps and a bit of web browsing shows it to be quite an upmarket spot. Company offices and such.

Al, you're the man in the know, anything you can scrape up about where we're going? Maybe Pappa P has some more info on who we're going to talk to. It won't look too good on him if he's sending us to a gunshow and we roll up expecting nothing more than men in sharp suits.

Remember, if you need anything new in the way of weapons, armour or random bits of survival kit then this is the place. I should get commission for this thinking about it!

See y'all soon.
The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by The Shutting Downs »

Dog Pants wrote:
You picking me up? I'll be ready in ten minutes. I'll be wearing ladies' underwear.
:lol:

(I'm on lunchbreak Joose, don't worry)

PS. Before anyone takes it, I will carry on useing Green For this run
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I've Yakuza knowledge 2 (1 hit, result 3). What do I know about the Shotozumi-gumi? I'll give Hiro a call too, find out if he can tell me anything about them. With any luck he'll be in that gang himself.

I'll dress for the occasion, real suit (not the cheap armoured crap I wear for runs). If we're thinking of splitting up to have some cover I'll take my car, since I seem to remember presentation is popular with the Yaks.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

You know a bit:

They are the largest Yakuza clan in Seattle.
The big boss man (known in Yakuza circles as the Oyabun) is Hanzo Shotozumi, but you are not likely to be meeting him (he's proper big time).
The Shotozumi-gumi are very traditional, and like to keep up the façade of being honourable businessmen.
This particular building is a bit off the books, unlike some of the more openly Yakuza run places in the International District. Its rumoured to be where the more shady side of their dealings, both corporate and street level, are organised from.
Its supposedly the home of a high up, second in command to Shotozumi, known only as Sensei Kitsune. All manner of rumours go around about him, from the reasonably mundane ("hes never been seen in public", "hes actually a woman") to the waaaay out there ("hes a Free Spirit from another world", "He personally orchestrated Dunkhelzans assassination"). There's a fair chance that they are all bollocks.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Al wrote:Guys, I'm pretty sure we're headed for a meeting with the Yakuza. I'm not too sure on exact procedures, but I've dealt with them before and they like to try to look legitimate. Going in looking like a bunch of runners might put us on the wrong footing, although it looks like they're trying to look like we're not meeting them judging by the location. Unless this place fronts as a firing range, we might look a bit out of place going in tooled up. I reckon it's worth me and one or two others going in low-key while the remainder watch our backs. No point pretending we're anything other than who we are, but we might be able to persuade them to be a bit more generous if we play things their way.
Last edited by Dog Pants on February 2nd, 2009, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

I'll put on my nicest, most formal looking clothes. I don't have a suit so if that's necessary then I'll not go in.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Chopper wrote:Er, yeah yeah - look, can't talk right now but it'd be swell if you could come and pick me up. Meet me at the Drowned Rat bar in 10 minutes.

Leave the engine running.

And a window wound down.