WoW: Warlords of Draenor

Massively Mongy Online gaming. Bum your way through the internet public.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Re: WoW: Warlords of Draenor

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

New Pony! Stonecore rare drop one. :)
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

So, flying will be allowed at some point in the near future.
Here are some of the requirements:

1. Loremaster of Draenor - not every quest in each zome but each major chapter.
2. 100 treasures collected - complete Loremaster first and you can pick up treasure maps that overlay the treasures on your world map.
3. Explore Draenor - You'll probably complete this doing the first two.
4. Securing Draenor - Complete 12 of the optional zone objectives.
5. Raise 3 Tanaan Jungle reputations to revered - unknown.

I'm working my way through #2 at the moment, it's not particularly exciting but you do get a fair bit of cash from it. Doing these on my druid as the stealth does come in very handy and he is my best geared and progressed character. Thankfully, flying is unlocked across all characters on account.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Yeah, it's not too bad. Even so, as I commented on PCGN, Blizz are putting in hurdles to prevent people playing the way they want to. If players want to fly why make it difficult for them?
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Because things become too easy if you just allow flying straight off the bat - zone exploration and treasure hunting are two that spring to mind right away.
At risk of sounding like a UKIP candidate, why must we get stuff? why shouldn't we earn it?
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

I've done the exploring and the optional objectives. I've got the achievement for 50 treasures, but not sure how far off 100 I am. Christ knows about the Loremaster one.

I also have a hankering for a raid this weekend if anyone is up for it. I'll be on my abysmal dps priest.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Anery wrote:Because things become too easy if you just allow flying straight off the bat - zone exploration and treasure hunting are two that spring to mind right away.
At risk of sounding like a UKIP candidate, why must we get stuff? why shouldn't we earn it?
Flying mounts don't horse you to fly though. If someone isn't interested in treasure hunting and exploration then why make them do it? I can understand making people work for things like vanity pets and nice mounts, but flying is a utility. And I think most people don't really care about exploration and treasure hunting:
Anery wrote:I'm working my way through #2 at the moment, it's not particularly exciting but you do get a fair bit of cash from it. Doing these on my druid as the stealth does come in very handy and he is my best geared and progressed character. Thankfully, flying is unlocked across all characters on account.
Doesn't sound like you're enjoying it much yourself.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Dog Pants wrote:Flying mounts don't horse you to fly though. If someone isn't interested in treasure hunting and exploration then why make them do it? I can understand making people work for things like vanity pets and nice mounts, but flying is a utility. And I think most people don't really care about exploration and treasure hunting:
Anery wrote:I'm working my way through #2 at the moment, it's not particularly exciting but you do get a fair bit of cash from it. Doing these on my druid as the stealth does come in very handy and he is my best geared and progressed character. Thankfully, flying is unlocked across all characters on account.
Doesn't sound like you're enjoying it much yourself.
Its not a question of enjoyment though, surely its a question of time taken to consume content. The faster people can move, the faster they can consume your content, the faster they will get bored, the faster they will cancel subscriptions. As far as I know thats why they have always done it like this: They expand the game with a new area that you can't fly around in, then after a few months when most people have seen all the bits anyway they put flying in so you can move around as fast as you like.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I have no objection to that, but that's not what they've done. Usually by two months in most players will have done the single player stuff and are into end game. Those people aren't interested in wandering about taking in the sights. What they've done is added a gate to the utility because they want to horse players to do something they wouldn't otherwise do. And why isn't it a question of enjoyment? Is that not what we pay for? If you were to have said they did it to extend peoples' subscriptions by another month then I'd have found it a more convincing argument, but I don't think it would do that either.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

If anyone is just getting to the early 90s, let me know if you need a fancy cloak making - I should have plenty of materials for it now (the barn is great for sumptuous fur generation). In fact they're pretty decent for several levels, but once you get to Tanaan the random drops shit over everything else (which is actually quite annoying as I'd just started selling stuff on the AH).
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I'd like to take this opportunity to state how much I hate Skettis, and every one of the easily aggroed, rapidly respawning, patrolling, ganking bastard birds who lives there. I must have spent an hour there doing a quest the other night with barely a reprieve.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Someone fixed the film poster:

Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

:lol:
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Looks like lots of bumming legion, TBC esque design cues and shitloads of grasping at straws.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:Looks like lots of bumming legion, TBC esque design cues and shitloads of grasping at straws.
I dunno, maybe when their numbers drop to less than a couple of million I might think they were grasping at straws. As it stands they need to allow this damn game to die off to let a new one take it's place but as long as it keeps going it keeps bringing them money in. Blizzard are in the peculiar place whereby their first product has to fuck up and die before any other can take it's place - at which point the market may become saturated with shite again.
I don't think this will make it fail. I'm quite looking forward to some things. Demonhunter looks pretty crazy, new weapons look fucking confusing and druids with armour look fucking amazing - what's to hate?
I get that it seems old hat, but they are following up old stories that were never really finished.

Gul fucking dan needs to fuck the fuck off right now though. cupcake's becoming like Fabius Bile.

EDIT
For those of you not up on your 40k lore, substitute Fabius Bile with Katie Hopkins.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Anery wrote:EDIT
For those of you not up on your 40k lore, substitute Fabius Bile with Katie Hopkins.
There's a small but vocal minority of idiots in the 40k universe who think that everybody wants to perform hideous and unnecessary surgery, but he's the only one with the balls to actually do it?
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

I was thinking more annoying cupcake that won't go away. Though Gul'dan has been known to fuse people with demons so I guess he has that in common with Dr. Bile