Elderly Stools Online

Massively Mongy Online gaming. Bum your way through the internet public.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sandwich
Polar Bear
Polar Bear

Elderly Stools Online

Post by Sandwich »

I got in last weekends beta for this and it was pretty fun, anyone thinking about getting involved?
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Elderly Stools Online

Post by FatherJack »

In short, no as it's too expensive, but I do rather like it.

I've been in the last three betas and there's a (probably final) one this weekend. Hope it goes better for me than the last two, which seemed to be load-testing ones more than anything, and included people invited by others, rather than just those who were selected.

I enjoyed the first weekend a lot, but hardly managed to get on in the second, the third kind of disappointed me at how little had changed - with quest-breaking bugs still reportedly present. I won't break the NDA by describing them though.

The mood of the general chat had changed for the worse too - in the first weekend, people were excited to be in on the beta, pretty forgiving of the bugs, looking forward to the game's release, telling lore-related jokes and saying "I'm gonna have to go play Skyrim again now". By the third weekend it was mostly just rage at bugs, anger at other players for supposedly "messing up" quest points where multiple players could activate them at the same time and bored trolling/spamming.

£50 for the game, plus £10 a month seems a bit much to me - if it was my only game, then that might be okay, but I very rarely focus on a single game for more than a week or so, so the subscription model, coupled with the higher-than-average-for-a-PC-game base price doesn't add up for me. If it was £30-35 with a month's play I might grab it and play for a month before unsubbing, or if it was £45-50 with no sub I might also be tempted. I told them as much in every feedback form they asked me to fill in, it seems to no avail.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Elderly Stools Online

Post by Dog Pants »

I have no further interest in the Warcraft-style MMO, especially one which costs so much. I do like your 5punky name for it though.