Wildstar

Massively Mongy Online gaming. Bum your way through the internet public.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Re: Wildstar

Post by Anery »

I think it is reasonably easy now, when the game launched it was a nightmare to switch but they have a terminal to do it now.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Met up with Joose and we went to the Northern er..rock? It was all snowy so of course I open my backpack to find shorts and a tshirt. My extremities weren't the only thing freezing though, boy was it laggy? Spoiler: yes. After making some monsters die, or at least witnessing some monsters die sometimes before, usually after and occasionally during the times we were doing some moves we decided to give up.

The bits I played at like 4am were smooth and I found it quite charming, particularly the Exile side. It's almost the same intro story, but all the Exile stuff is a bit knackered and run-down so it's more characterful, plus there's a bit where they're chasing around cartoon vegetables which was fun to watch. The Dominion intro lacked a key voiceover near the end of the intro level which made the whole thing seem a bit unfinished.

It didn't seem buggy, but it was pretty unplayable with the lag. I don't know how it compares to any issues they had during the regular launch and how long they took to sort or or die down, whether it's just the starting areas or the whole game, but it's probably best left a while unless you're content to play at very-off-peak times.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

I don't remember launch being that bad, I remember sitting in queue for ages and then getting random disconnects. I don't remember lag too much.
I actually found the Exiles to be a breath of fresh air but they lack a lot of the humour of the Dominion which is very sarcastic.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Anery wrote:they lack a lot of the humour of the Dominion which is very sarcastic.
Their introduction video raised a chuckle out of me, it's certainly better than the exiles one.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCnm5b8KPwg[/youtube]

Also, is the link jobber broken again?
Last edited by Dog Pants on October 2nd, 2015, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix'd ur tags
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Hurrah!

Short version: They have added hardware to spread the load out, doubling the number of realms available, and they will shrink it back to the original number of realms once things get sorted. Free realm transfer for all whilst this is happening.

EDIT: I suspect a large number of people have fled to realm 2 already, as ive just logged in with almost no queue and no lag.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

I've just left the starter zone for Mordesh and Rabbit People, I've not played through this area since the beta and it's not really changed much. Currently trying to exit to the next zone disconnects me :(
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Mr. Johnson wrote:Also, is the link jobber broken again?
1. Use Youtube button ^

2. Paste URL into them, rather than the short link it gives you. Minus any gubbinry at the end.

3. ...

4. Profit!
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Ah right, thanks Pantsu!

Thantsu.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I made a short URL button too because I love you all.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Mr. Johnson wrote:
Anery wrote:they lack a lot of the humour of the Dominion which is very sarcastic.
Their introduction video raised a chuckle out of me, it's certainly better than the exiles one.
I liked the Exiles one, with Kit Brinny who was like a cross between Moira Brown and Kaylee Frye.

I tried to get on tonight, but got dumped back at the character select screen every time I tried to connect. I retaliated by creating two characters on every single realm whcih should give them something to think about when they try to merge them.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

I hope all the characters were absolutely identical, just to fuck with them later. :)
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Is everyone on Jabbit? what character names do we have and what side?

Dominomnomnom
Rumack Neils
Combat Wombat
Gabriel Hounds

Exiles
Lehman Tut
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Jabbit
E - Pupu Zeka
D - Ham Toucher
Jabbit-2
E - Sminky Pinky
D - Slack Alice
Luminai
E - Cray Foo
D - Snotblade Plopchops
Luminai-2
E - Grotbags McPhee
D - Crouching Gerbil

I have no idea which they will let me keep, haven't been able to get on this weekend, so suspect many will have just given up by now/. There's a queue just to view my characters now and they're welcoming new players by giving us a lower priority than people who have paid.

You can add using my sirfil gmail address which is easier than remembering all these.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

I've been playing on my Exile character and the starting areas are so much nicer than the Domomnomion ones. The Dommies have one that is overcast and grey and one that is more like the barrens from Warcraft - minus the chat sadly. I'm enjoying bouncing around this green and pleasant land, butchering and maiming wildlife and indigenous population occasionally stopping to take in the nice view or climb a waterfall to butcher another backwards civilization.
Still playing a stalker (invis bastard) finding the mechanics quite fun, I've taken him down the weapon crafting/mining route if we want to pool resources.