Where we come together to shoot 5punk.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Re: Payday 2

Post by buzzmong »

Crimefest 2015 is upon us.

Seems good this year, first up is a rebalance of the guns. I'm all for that if it makes more stuff viable. Also LMG's have lost their 20% movement penality :D
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Aside from the rather significant shitting upon the community with loot boxes and keys. A'la tf2/csgo
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

For non-paydayers;

When Payday 2 was released, they promised no microtransactions, then have followed with generally non essential DLC that costs £4-6, obviously there's stuff that's nice to have, but you don't need it.

So they've been gently irking people with that for a while, but given the quantity of actual free content that appears, there's not a lot of complaint.

Last year they did crimefest, that was 2 months of community based fun, generally to get people involved and give away quite a bit of content, one of the highest rewards was the character John Wick, which was clearly a movie tie in (though a good fit for the game) and was gonna come out anyway.

This year they did a 2 week hype event before crimefest, including getting ~36k players online at once, and people doing obscene amounts of farming to help the community hit the goals to get loads of free content.

The first free content they've released is safe (box) drops with microtransaction drills (keys) to potentially unlock weapon skins that will give actual performance benefits.

Community unhappy.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Game affecting DLC in player unhappiness shocker! It's odd for a company who have previously been lauded for their business model to suddenly go full retard.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Additionally it looks like they've done major ground up optimisation for the game, thus killing goonmod (who've called it a day) and hoxhud (who say they have no idea if there'll be another update).

Meaning they've pretty much removed some of the community supported interface tweaks (not having to hold buttons to interact, and UI additions to augment incompetent meatbags)
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

https://www.reddit.com/r/paydaytheheist ... egathread/

That's a little more promising, at least they're acknowledging the situation now.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Hmm, Day 5 brings a new LMG and interestingly, a deployable bipod attachment for all the LMG's which only applies a bonus when in use. That could be intesting providing it's not just limited to prone use.

Wonder if this marks the use of more multi-state weapons and equipment.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

buzzmong wrote:Hmm, Day 5 brings a new LMG and interestingly, a deployable bipod attachment for all the LMG's which only applies a bonus when in use. That could be intesting providing it's not just limited to prone use.

Wonder if this marks the use of more multi-state weapons and equipment.
... They added prone to the game?

ULTIMATE STEALTH MODE! INCHWORM ATTACK.

https://youtu.be/W4PGqf8JSYU?t=12
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Despite the pictures, couldn't actually go prone. Did bipod up on some cars though which makes the LMG marginally useful, except you still can't aim down the bloody sights.

Although the new LMG is free for everyone, which is good.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

After successfully finishing a heist, players can now receive Drills to open Safes in the Card Loot Drop
We also have some footage from overkill's offices:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b97zJxKEqAk[/youtube]
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Hah. That's suprising it's happened so quickly. I wonder if this was actually planned and Overkill were partially* trolling the community?

*clearly only partially as they are selling the drills.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

I suspect it's more to do with the 14% rating drop on steam, the countless news articles and the community pretty much declaring war.

I'll be surprised if the skins still have stats by the end of the week, microtransactions will probably stay, but I'm by no means certain on that either.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

at 33 minutes old, this thread has 497 comments. It's fucking mental.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

First World Bank is quite easy to do solo on Deathwish. Key factor at the moment is needing 3 pagers for the back vault bit and the manager not being a prick and sitting at the back of the lobby.
I suspect this may change in the future and the guard patterns will get swapped. Or it might not as from the videos I've seen doing the Overkill Vault non stealth would be utterly impossible otherwise with its 70(!) bags of gold.

Pays ~1.7 mills for 12 bags + AU ticket and gives ~550kxp at Infamy 1.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Balance - where you replace all your guns with desert eagles, because they do most damage.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:Balance - where you replace all your guns with desert eagles, because they do most damage.
I always knew this.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Hmm. We've just clocked over update 100:

Starbreeze now own all of Payday's IP again (Bought back from 505 Games, for 505 owning a 5% stake in the business + $30M of sales rev).
Microtransactions have been killed (with the above point, makes me think they were forced to implement it by 505, or it simply flopped).
Payday 3 announced.

fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

I finally got around to uninstalling PD2 a week or so back as I was running a bit low on space and it's fucking huge. Not really felt the need to go back narf but it was damn good while it lasted and I feel I've certainly had my monies worth :)
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

I'm curious, but I fell off the DLC train long enough to not really want to go back.