Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Re: BF4

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Dog Pants wrote:This game is fucking huge
:above:

I thought I could play a bit to see how the game performs, but I started my download at around 10 PM and I still have 4 DLC to go. Looks like I'll have to do something I haven't done since limewire: Leave my PC on overnight to download something.

I may also need better internet.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Make sure you put the 3 free packs on there too.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Good call!
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

To my astonishment, I am actually enjoying this. I seem to have fixed my stutter issue too. If anyone else has the same problem, step two of this fixed it for me.
Chickenz
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Chickenz »

Hopefully be getting a newer better specced 2nd hand pc in the next few months. Hopefully get a chance to start playing modern games with you lot.

Put plenty of hours into the Xone version tho.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

I've come to the conclusion that this game is in fact better than BF3. Probably because I'm ever so slightly better at it now.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

We've said it on TS, but the consensus seems to be that it's somewhere between BF3 and BACON, in that it has the destructibility of BACON and a similar pace, but the scale and look of BF3. Aircraft are mercifully less of an issue than in any other BEEF, although all vehicles seem harder to kill as infantry. There are some awesome maps too. Not necessarily from a tactical point of view, but for the spectacle of discovering the prototype 2142 technology all over the place.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

With a 5punky squad to spawn on most of what I found frustrating in BF2 is eliminated, I tried it with randoms and liked it not at all. People who are very good at a certain thing, or just colossal dicks can still basically ruin it for everyone though.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

I haven't logged in to B44F for a while but I have played the shit out of it. I think in many ways I still think B33F was still better overall, but it's still awesome. I will have to join you lot on a weekend some time.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

We've been kicking the arse out of it on Fri/Sat nights so keep an eye out. I'm not sure if any of us have unlocked TV missiles yet though.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Looks like my EA account has been hacked, and as EA's support is fucking awful it seems to be taking some time to get it back. If you see me on Origin or in Battlefield, that's not me!
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

That happened to me, although EA support were pretty good in my case. Here's hoping they sort it quick.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Out of interest how did you contact them? I've tried using their 'Contact Us' help page several times now, and it just sits there with the circle spinning not submitting the report.
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

I phoned them when I was having trouble, found them really helpful.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I think I just used the help page. I got an email, replied a bit, all pretty quick and easy.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Roman Totale wrote:Out of interest how did you contact them? I've tried using their 'Contact Us' help page several times now, and it just sits there with the circle spinning not submitting the report.
I had trouble with the online chat bollocks thing and had to use Internet Explorer (well actually Edge I guess) as I got the spinner forever thing in Firefox.

They were scrupulously polite and not very knowledgeable. Half-sorted most things to a reasonable minimum level of satisfaction, bullshitted lots and demanded instant feedaback on how glorious they had been.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

I was using Chrome - tired it in Firefox and it worked straight away. That said all it did was provide me with a phone number - don't know why they don't just put that information somewhere visible.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Roman Totale wrote:I was using Chrome - tired it in Firefox and it worked straight away. That said all it did was provide me with a phone number - don't know why they don't just put that information somewhere visible.
Having people contact via digital channels costs a shit load less and can be multi-'skilled' easier.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Grab the BF4 DLC for free before the 19th of September and they're yours to keep. If you're still interested (it's not a bad game still).