Planetside 2

Where we come together to shoot 5punk.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Planetside 2

Post by Dog Pants »

I have 11 snowman kills (and the title Snowblower). I was going to stop after 10, but when I got my tenth I found another about 20m away. Typical. None were gold again though. I rather enjoyed wandering about behind enemy lines hunting snowmen, hiding from tanks, and sniping the odd bad guy. Some tips for those who fancy it: do it on foot, or at least from the ground. You'll miss a lot of them from the air. Similarly, the ones which are in a bit of cover, even just sat by a cliff, stand a much higher chance of being there because flyers miss them and most people like to hunt them from the air. Lastly, this map is really useful.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Fucking finally.
What a shite thought out idea. Encourages non-participation from people on the server and increases chances of friendly fire.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I thought it was rather fun. You're right, but it's something different to the constant manshooting.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Finally! even after last nights complete turd of an evening - spawn, spank, spawn, spank - I have managed to get to a K:D of 1.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Blimey, nice work. What's your general tactic of choice? Still Light Assault? Mine's a much improved 0.73 but I have to make up about 800 deaths before I hit 1:1.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Dog Pants wrote:Blimey, nice work. What's your general tactic of choice? Still Light Assault? Mine's a much improved 0.73 but I have to make up about 800 deaths before I hit 1:1.
Depends on the situation, I do abuse the Maggie a hell of a lot but ofc that doesn't work in all situations and I prefer to use it as part of a zerg, which reminds me, I should finish my guides.
Light assault can be a cupcake to the opposition if they are entrenched and not expecting it. I'm saving up for that NS SMG though, I die to it enough times it can't be bad. 1k certs mind.
I've also started playing with my MAX as an infantry killer in Bio Labs, as you can see on my killboard it works quite nicely and with a friendly engi and medic nearby I can just keep farming those kills.
Otherwise, it is whatever is best in the situation. I'm not beyond sitting in my own spawn and sniping dickheads who get too close.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Anery wrote:I'm not beyond sitting in my own spawn and sniping dickheads who get too close.
I picked that up off you and delight in getting some revenge when we're being battered in the spawn. I've actually been rather enjoying playing a sniper recently, I'm starting to get half decent at popping heads (but not the other stuff like cloaking and relocating).
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

http://themittani.com/features/ps2-amer ... -arclegger
Arclegger wrote:Amerish will no longer be a continent of difficult to follow roads
Looks like he was witness to one of our road trips.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I think we can rise to that challenge and make any road difficult to follow.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

ESF update is in

Not much for them to cheer about if they are lolpodders, mostly A2A updates and tweaks. Situation for ground crawling pond life like me? nothing changes.
Last edited by Dr. kitteny berk on January 16th, 2014, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Anery can't link
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Interesting. I like that they're making air-to-air more viable. Hopefully more prowling fighters will mean fewer rocket spamming GSFs. I don't like that they've released another cannon which is just better than the last one. That smacks of pay-to-win.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

It's time to put all those posts to good use.

World Domination Series and points win prizes! basically, all points earned on all servers are totted up and the faction with the most at the end of the time period win! during this time there will be daily and weekly winners and if you are part of that faction and contributed you get stuff. There will also be tiers of rewards based on your personal score.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Is this something that's likely to be achievable, or is it like in Dota where you're only likely to benefit of you sink 60 hours into it?
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

I've not checked it out yet...should be doable though.

Just stay away from my Steam stats for PS2...

EDIT
Just did a quick 15 minutes in game, captured a 3 cap point base with no defence - earned 19WDS points. First weekly unlock is at 200 points. An hour or two of shenanigans should see the first level unlock at least.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Cool, I'll jump on tonight. I updated and had a quick look last night but there was a tech plant alert on. I tried to help out but as usual our lot were being completely ineffective and I just got swarmed by aircraft. I didn't see any evidence of WDS so quit again, but then I didn't actually get any xp.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

WDS is a bit of a fail I think. Lots of zerging and letting the other guys cap something before kicking them out again. I played enough to get the first reward (1hr +50% XP, but I think it's random), not bothered about it any more. Fair attempt Sony, but you'll have to do better than that to get some metagame going.

Anyway, Amerish was revamped this weekend. Cosmetic updates aside, it's had lanes added and the 'military buildup' appearance of steel walls and barricades which accompanied them on the other continents. More significantly they've put in a load of new building types. This is pretty significant I think, and oddly under-reported, because fighting over the same buildings again and again was getting tired, even if they did try to be creative with how they slotted them together. Verticality seems to be the big thing here - towering structures, huge indoor spaces and cave systems, and apparently a lot of attention paid to how the flow of battle should differ by location. Sounds good, I'm going to give it a go when I get chance.

Incidentally, I don't think they should have put lanes on Amerish. I like lanes personally, they concentrate the fight and reduce the time spent looking for something to do, but why take away the option to go freestyle? Some people don't like them and now they won't have any choice.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

I played Amerish the other day, can't comment on playability as we were getting pushed back to warp but I did notice a lot of concussion grenade spam. A silly amount of it actually, they are an extreme menace - especially in the hands of organised outfits who can debilitate a full spawn with only a couple of people. Nade damage needs to stop splashing through walls and forcefields.

If you haven't had the joy yet a c-nade will change your mouse orientation (up is down, left is right) blur your vision massively and slow your movements down to treacle speed.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

In the VS every night is disco night:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP2W5lpfJUQ[/media]
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

I love it when random shit like that happens.

In other news, RPS may be punching above their weight. They have signed up for Season 1 Community Clash. This is a 48 v 48 single lane match against another outfit, not neccessarily a different faction either, first bracket sees them face off against an NC outfit whilst INI Elite (TR from our server) are facing a different VS outift.