Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

For talk on Movies, TV, Music & Books

Moderator: Forum Moderators

HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Post by HereComesPete »

So, what do you all want in here? Anything new? More music? Is it just fine and needing of a bit of a clean in the corners?

We've all got very eclectic tastes in music, films and books, please try and share what you like with everyone else.

I've broadcast whole albums before to show music I like to others, some of you liked it, some of you didn't. Berk has kindly provided us with the means to spam our music in each others ears, lets use this more!

When you get in tonight pissed off from work and weather and shit drivers and put some music on to chill or smash stuff to, let everyone else know about it and why you think it's great.

Next time you go the cinema or rent a film, pop in here and write as much or as little as you want, even a link to imdb and a line from yourself lets people know about films they might not otherwise watch.

Same with books - if you've a passion for mills and boon or Grisham lawyer stuff then get in here and tell everyone. If you can't be bothered with a synopsis, just put a quick line about it and why it was a good read.

Even if you know something is shit, let us all know so we can watch/listen/read it and agree or avoid it. I trust 5punkers opinions a lot more than most critics.

I know we do all this I've put above but if you have the time to say more then please do, it's a bit slow in here apart from a couple of tv series threads.
Last edited by HereComesPete on February 11th, 2009, 0:40, edited 1 time in total.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

See, I would, but currently my own music collection on this pc is boring me a tad so it's Radio 1 all the way.

As for books, I've started a nasty habbit of taking in a few quid to charity shops and picking a load of random fantasy/sci fi books. Most of them happen to be quite normal, not bad but not special and nothing to write home about.

This section of the board is fine though :)
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Write about them anyway! Trashy easy read novels are all some people bother with. Not everyone has the patience or time for big fat epics.

Even if it's a line on each book you picked up last time you scrounged round the charity shop it's something to talk about.

You know it's better than doing your work. I'm offering you the chance of prevarication and procrastination, use it! Don't just tidy your bedroom repeatedly!
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

If I had a year to spare I'd write a quick note on all the DVDs in my collection. Also; thread title from Gladiator?
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Yes it is.