New season talk type thread thing.

For talk on Movies, TV, Music & Books

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

New season talk type thread thing.

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

American Dad, Dexter, Family Guy, King of the Hill, Simpsons and The Unit start tonight. :)
Last edited by Dr. kitteny berk on September 30th, 2008, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
Gunslinger42
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Gunslinger42 »

Dexter fell on the floor a week or two ago, so I still have to wait another week for a new episode :(

and I'd forgotten all about The Unit, glad to see it's back
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Gunslinger42 wrote:Dexter fell on the floor a week or two ago, so I still have to wait another week for a new episode :(

Yup, but it's still worth mentioning :)
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

I looked at the schedule on Dexter - they've been repeating 3x01 virtually non-stop - is this new stuff, finally?

Also BBC Heroes is starting on Wednesday, with Ep 1 on BBC2, followed by Ep2 on BBC3 and BBCHD - I don't know if we'll catch them up or even overtake them given we don't normally have the ludicrously long Christmas break, but I'll still post eps for the impatient people like myself.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Dexter 3x01 airs tonight, next week will be a new one.

This season of the unit looks interesting, though it might tip the balance a bit too close to drama.
Fear
Zombie
Zombie

Post by Fear »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:the unit

It was good, but the bloody housewives annoyed me too much so I gave it up.

Is it worth poking again?
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

I enjoy it, though s3 was a bit meh.
Gunslinger42
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Gunslinger42 »

Also the new season of californication started as well, though once again the first episode or two have been on the floor for a while
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

The unit started really well, this season should be worth watching :)
Lateralus
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by Lateralus »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:The unit started really well, this season should be worth watching :)

The Unit has been on my list of things to acquire for a while, but I've never gotten round to it. I think after 6 series of 24 I needed a bit of a break from action type 'Merkin dramas. However, I've just started on House and have really liked the first 2 episodes I've now seen.
MORDETH LESTOK
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by MORDETH LESTOK »

Lateralus wrote:I think after 6 series of 24 I needed a bit of a break from action type 'Merkin dramas.

Everyone needed a break from 24...it just got...silly
Lateralus
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by Lateralus »

It certainly did. However, I have an almost OCD tenancy when it comes to completing series of anything once I've started them. Books especially, but TV shows get me too.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

MORDETH LESTOK wrote:Everyone needed a break from 24...it just
got...silly

:above: it's not something I really get too involved in, I enjoy it while it's on, but the Elisha Cuthbert in peril thing got a bit old long ago.

The Unit generally has me though, no more realistic than 24, but at least they make more of an effort than
24 wrote:Jack Bauer somewhere, Something bad happens, Jack Bauer in CTU, Jack Bauer Going too far involving a hacksaw, Kim Bauer/Loved one in peril, Choice between loved one/greater good, Greater good wins, Loved one probably survives, Loved one turns out to be mole.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

ooh, chuck starts tonight :)
MORDETH LESTOK
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by MORDETH LESTOK »

Life returned last night also...

"Life," from Rand Ravich ("The Astronaut's Wife") and Far Shariat ("Confessions of a Dangerous Mind"), focuses on a detective who is given a second chance. Golden Globe nominee Damian Lewis ("Band of Brothers") plays complex, offbeat Detective Charlie Crews, who returns to the horse after serving time in prison for a crime he didn't commit.

Crews' new lease on life has provided him with a Zen-like outlook, peace of mind and no need for vengeance, an attitude which can be challenging to maintain when someone he cares about is threatened -- or when he is investigating the mystery surrounding the murder he was falsely accused of.

Lewis is joined by cast members Sarah Shahi ("Rush Hour 3") as Dani Reese.

1st season was very good and of course, I thought they cancelled it...but its back :w00t: Did I mention his partner is quite the HOT CHICK...

fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:
24 wrote:Jack Bauer somewhere, Something bad happens, Jack Bauer in CTU, Jack Bauer Going too far involving a hacksaw, Kim Bauer/Loved one in peril, Choice between loved one/greater good, Greater good wins, Loved one probably survives, Loved one turns out to be mole.

Unless it's the DVD game of 24 in which case it runs as follows:

Jack Bauer somewhere, Something bad happens, you go a few steps in the right direction, game then decides you are a cupcake and sends you down the wrong path, regardless of which way you press :ahoy:
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Chuck was deeply pleasing :)
MORDETH LESTOK
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by MORDETH LESTOK »

I really enjoyed Chuck when it first started last year...things came up and I missed 1/2 the season...looks like I might :sweep: it up now...

grrr, why is it like its either there's absolutely nothing to watch...or too much...
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Numb3rs and :shudder: Star Wars: The Clone Wars (which might appeal to like, 3 people) tonight
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

I thought Life was tonight? Either way, it was my favorite new show from last year, I can't wait.