Blood Bowl - Return of the Keys Bowl

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Re: Blood Bowl - Return of the Keys Bowl

Post by buzzmong »

Are we playing LE or 2?

Handily, Focus Home Interactive are doing a sale this weekend on Steam, so BB2 is only £10.50.
Last edited by buzzmong on September 10th, 2016, 9:48, edited 1 time in total.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I'll play 2 if people have it - it's not bad, worth a tenner.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

i just picked up 2 in that sale so i am also happy for either
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Hopefully the multiplayer interface is improved. It can't be much worse.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

I'll get 2 if other people have it, but wont that limit our race choices a bit?
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Actually, that's a really good point.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Ive got it anyway, as ive been meaning to for a while. I wouldnt mind giving it a go multiplayer but I think i was planning on playing a race thats not in 2
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

It does limit the races more than if you had BB:CE, but the ones you get with BB2 are decent enough.

Humans
Orcs
Dwarves
Skaven
Dark Elves
Chaos
Brettonia
High Elves

Then as DLC:

Lizardmen
Necromantic
Undead
Wood Elves
Norse

Still quite a few to go before it catches up with Chaos Edition, but it's not too bad and the game itself is an improvement on the original.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

oh, thats not bad at all really.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Just had a quick blast on BB2. It's okay. Don't quite know what they're thinking when menu items like the bloody controls are greyed out.

Also not too sure on the BB2 options, ended up switching camera back to BB1 style, currently 50/50 on how actions are done.
Campaign is shite though compared to BB1, it's not the map with the various leagues or anything, it's just a forced set of games with a default human team from what I can see.

There's also a load of annoyances with the action camera amongst others, currently I'd personally rather play BB1 with 5punkers.

Edit: You can do solo leagues, not quite as good as BB1, but not too bad.
Last edited by buzzmong on September 11th, 2016, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Me!
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Maybe we can do both. I've created 4-team knockout competitions in both called Donkey Punch Knockout (in the 5punky Cup league in BB2). Apply, I'll post when we have one or both full and can start.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

First game of the BB2 competition down. It was quite bashy, but surprisingly low on injuries. 2-0 to my corpses!
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Mission Report - September 11th 2016

Lively Corpses (Undead) [Joose] 2 - 0 Backdoor Sliders (Human) [Buzz]

Bit of a bashy affair was this, with the Undead having the heavy hitters but the human Linemen being resilent enough to keep getting up after hitting the deck and return the favour. Attrition did take its toll, at the end of the match the Corpses had 1 Injury and 1 KO in the dugouts to the Slider's 3 injuries and 2 KO's.

Report:
The start of the match saw the 'Sliders reduced to 10 men when an over eager Blood Bowl fan threw a rock into the field and KO'd a Linesman before the ref had even blown the whistle for Kick-Off.

The Lively Corpses recieved and safely nestled the ball in to a safe zone behind their two Mummies who'd formed a wall on the touchline with some Skeletons. They also wasted no time in applying fists to heads and the end of Round Two saw 4 humans on the ground and another KO'd. Taking advantage of the low human count, the Corpses scuttle the ball out to the side of the field and start making inroads into the Human half.

Unfortunately the Ghoul responsible for this tripped when trying to dodge past one of the few humans in his way, and a couple of fumbles later saw the Sliders manage to reverse their fortunes and run the ball down the left side into the Corpses' half.
This proved to be short lived as the Corpses rallied, put a stop to the play and sought revenge for the 'Sliders audacity, with Turn 6 seeing 8 humans down on the ground. With ball now being set up to be run down the side towards the Sliders' touchline, the defence was left to the Human's lone Ogre, who promptly fell over when trying to excise himself from between the Mummies in the middle of the field.

Capitalising on the 'Sliders apparent love of frequent conversations with the ground, the Corpses strolled down the edge to put the team 1-0 up at the start of Turn 8.

The second half saw the 'Sliders recieving, who converted it into a pass and run combination to push themselves within running distance of the Corpses' touchline.
While this play was stopped by a couple of Ghouls getting in way and Wight running back to bash the ball carrier and gain control of the ball, one desperate Blitz and KO of the Wight by a 'Sliders Thrower saw the humans nearly regain control, but a fumble by the Thrower saw the ball going out of play and thrown into no-mans land in the middle of the Corpses's half.

The Corpses took advantage of this and with most of both teams tied up in the middle and one side they collected the ball and made a solid play down the opposite. A lone Human thrower made a valient effort to regain the ball, only to run head first into a Ghoul's armoured fist.

Uncontested for the most part, the Corpses make it 2-0 at the end of Turn 15.

Knowing the match was won by the Corpses, both teams set upon each other with renewed fervour, resulting in a number of KO's and an minor injury for the Corpses, and only a couple of the Sliders being on their feet when the final gong sounded.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Sounds like a messy game. I fully expect my rats to take a pounding from Pnut's Necs. I'll get the game played as soon as we can.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Forgot to mention we played during a rare blizzard, which hampered the passing game a fair bit along with making GFI's dangerous.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

BB1 league is started too. Me vs Joose, Buzz vs Fab for the first games.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Rough and ready BB1 game between Fabs Dwarves and my Humans with a high scoring first half.

Could have easily been 2-2 but Fab decided making my team take a dirt nap was more important :)

Sweaty Ballsacks (Dwarves) [Fab] 1 - 2 Lubricous Lions (Human) [Buzz]
Quick start to the match, with the first touchdown being scored within the opening minutes as the Kick Off saw the ball out to the Ballsack's touchline, a troubling issue for the Dwarves with their short legs who'd set up for a rumble on the scrimmage line.

A little scuffle with some forward human Linesmen between the Dwarven back markers and a very unlucky fumble by a sure handed Dwarf saw the ball scattered out from the group and into the open near a waiting Human Catcher.
A quick scoop and dash later saw 1-0 on the scoreboard.

Quick reponse on the Kick Off by the Ballsacks saw their ball carrier tucked into a Testudo, which promptly trampled any opposing Human underfoot on their violent quest for the touchline. 1-1 and only midway through the first half.

Fortunate positioning by the recieving Lions on the third Kick Off found a catcher going deep in preperation for a play, and the ball getting passed from the back of the field to a Human Thrower in space just inside the Ballsack's half.
A long pass to the deep catcher to carry the ball past the Dwarves to their touchline just before half time saw the Lions 2-1 up.

The second half was a much more leisurely affair on the touchdown front, the tiring effects from a frantic first half rearing its head with both teams committing a suprising number of elementary mistakes resulting in a quick succession of turnovers.

After a few minutes of this play opened up and the Lions managed to position themselves for another touchdown, the ball in the hands of a Thrower and a Catcher unmarked just inside the Dwarven half.

An unexpected and spectacular interception by a Dwarven Runner flipped the game around and with no human players in position to block the Ballsacks' movement, the ball made its way into the middle of the Lion's half.

With only the Throwers between the Runner and a touchdown, the Humans tried a desperate blitz, only to recieve an fist to the face and for the ball to be carried only a few feet scant away from the touchline,

Oddly at this point, rather than backing up their Runner, the rest of the Sweaty Ballsacks came to the conclusion it'd been a bit too quiet on the fighting side of things and immeditately set about engaging and punching any human in reach.
The ball carrier much have decided the touchdown wasn't important or simply forgotten he had the ball as he turned around and started cheering his teammates on.

In the midst of scrimmage line scuffle that was going on, a human Blitzer managed to break free and sprint back down the pitch, throwing a running punch which saw the Dwarven Runner hit the deck, scattering the ball.

Final turns devolved into a fight for the dwarves, although the humans did try and start pushing the ball back into the dwarven half. Consolidation prize for the Dwarves was breaking the arm of the human catcher responsible for both touchdowns in the game, possibly ending his career.
Last edited by buzzmong on September 17th, 2016, 20:08, edited 3 times in total.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

buzzmong wrote:Fab decided punching was more important :)
I approve!
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Added a mission report for Fab and mine BB1 match.