Roberts Space Industries

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Imperatore
Shark
Shark

Re: Roberts Space Industries

Post by Imperatore »

This too is an option, probably the best.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

I just put in the minimum to get the game with a ship, $30USD. I know there are some crazy people spending tens of thousands of dollars on this which is absurd but I guess if you have lots of spare money then you can spend it how you wish.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Just rolled over $20 Million.

Adding more FPS content sooner, expanding into planeside battles in the lawless frontier.

Which is a bit bonkers. I love the fact they've done all these things, and I know the CryEngine can support it all, but it's a massive amount of work considering they want to hand craft everything.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

I'm beginning to worry that maybe they bit off more than they can chew, and like Buzz says 20 mil is a substantial amount of money but that's not going to do you much good if you can't get your game finished in the allotted time.

I really want to be wrong on this though
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I think that's an easy pitfall for crowdfunded releases. I'd rather they went easy on the stretch goals and made their game, then whatever was left over could be pumped into improvements later. Recently there have been a spate of successfully funded games which have still been cancelled because they didn't set their original target high enough.
friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Post by friznit »

CR actually addresses that in his 20mill post on the website. It's a concern that is being raised by a lot of people. In short, he's saying that all the current stretch goals were planned content but the extra cash means they can hire more and/or outsource to get them done sooner rather than later. Bear in mind he never intended to release a 100% full content game in one go but has always said it will be an iterative, modular release so he's never tied himself to a fixed date to meet every single stretch goal.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

After some consideration, as long as I get a decent space flying game I don't really care about the stretch goals. If I can drive a variety of spaceships, some which shoot things, some which explore places, some which take things from one place to another, then I'll be even happier. Anything else is a bonus really.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Dog Pants wrote:After some consideration, as long as I get a decent space flying game I don't really care about the stretch goals. If I can drive a variety of spaceships, some which shoot things, some which explore places, some which take things from one place to another, then I'll be even happier. Anything else is a bonus really.
I could live with that.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Cocking hell, it's now rolled over $25 million.

I also suspect it's going to jump up a bit around mid-Nov as on the 26th the original and verteran backers will no longer be paying the reduced KS prices, so people are going to want to get their package orders in for then.
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Just incase anyone was still interested, they're having a big ol sale this week of all the limited edition ships like the 350r, M50 and various other bits and bobs to mark the anniversary.

Each limited edition ship/package is on sale for 24 hours (midnight to midnight American PST? times) only. Personally I'm a bit annoyed by that as I'd have preferred all the ships on sale for the week, but hey ho.

Of note is that after the 26th all the original and veteran backers will lose their lower price and life time insurance privilages with regards to anything they purchase from then on, so if you're thinking about upgrading your package, or just splashing a bit for a limited edition (Aurora LX's will be only $25 dorra on Thur or Fri if you're an original backer) ship, then do it before the 26th of Nov.

Oh, and they've just hit $28 mil. They'll easily hit $29 mil this week, which is for more Squadron 42 content!
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

I just upgraded my pack to the arbiter pack with the origin fighter variant. I may change it to the hornet package though.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Huh, seems someone has managed to take advantage of the fact CIG include a lot of extra assets in the Hanger Module download:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFjixJOy9Jw[/media]

How to can be found here. That version will let you go in the Freelancer, Constellation (one of the big ones), all the 300i's, the Auroras, the Avenger and it's also got a hole host of Hornets.

Worth a look, especially to go into the Constellation and Freelancer.

There's also a Reddit thread + link to a file on pastebin which'll put more ships in there as far as I can see (looking at it now).

There's also file to make it work with patch 8: http://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/com ... th_hornet/ .
Got it working, bit of a faff. I ended up extracting the pak to a folder, updating the required xml, then overwriting the version inside the .pak.

Now have all the Hornet variants as well :) Very pretty things.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Six-ish weeks later and as of this morning, it's only $10,000 off hitting $36 million.

How the fuck does it keep pulling in so much money, surely *everyone* has paid by now.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

I've not
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Organisations have just launched.

Sorted out ours already:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/5PUNK
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Hooray!
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

It's pretty slick to be honest. Lots of stuff to tweak like banners, images, history, charter, manifesto, ranks, rolls etc... you can even link to a Youtube video!

It even gives you specific channels in the chat for your organisation and another for it's officers, which is nice.

For reference, I've currently set us up as an Organisation, changable really easily in the admin section. You need to have the role of "Founder" to do that, which I've made Doggers and KV already.
friznit
Heavy
Heavy

Post by friznit »

Well damn, I thought you could be in more than one organisation? Apparently not though. I'll probably be flying with a Failheap Challenge lot from Eve cos they have insane numbers of ships, though would like to chill with 5punkers too.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

According to the blurb in the news page, you can only do one organisation at the moment, it will be expanded.

Although now you mention Failheap (who I concur, could be good to fly with) and Eve, it does make me wonder what the Goon's are going to do with this and Elite on the horizon.