Still Not A Bash

Forum for organising the next LAN event

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Still Not A Bash

Post by Anery »

I've made the decision to not go to i-Series this year. The place is only really fun when there are more than 2 or 3 of you attending and I don't see many of us being able to go this year due to reproducing and stuff.

So I've decided to not have a bash again.

What do?
well, mostly drinking with some board gaming like zombiecide, Ankh Morpork, Relic and expansion, etc.. possibly some tabletop if anyone wants to bring their models with them - if anybody fancies 40K then I'd rather we stick to Kill Team rules (when I can dig them out of the internets) I'd love to have a crack at somebody with XWing too, my Imp Aces are itching to eliminate some rebel scum.
I'm also thinking about heading down to Black Sheep Brewery in Masham for a brewery tour :beer: (and to possibly torment KV at work) on the Friday evening if folks are interested.

How get there?

There is a railway station in the village - Dinsdale, despite the village being Middleton St George. But I am willing to pick folks up from the railway station in Darlington if thats more convenient. By car it is quite straightforward, so long as I give you the correct addres... :oops:

When do?
I'm suggesting the Friday before the August bank holiday (22nd Aug) until the Monday. Whatever dates suit, let me know - can do the usual poll and stuff.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Still Not A Bash

Post by Dog Pants »

I was hoping to make i-series this year by ditching the brood at the in-laws, but not a bash is good too. Sprog's off school that weekend, so I've a reasonable chance of making it and I want a pop at your fancy-pants Imperials.
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

Think I'm off work that week, will check tomorrow and let you know.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Mrs Pants agrees in principle, although Sprog might be back at school on the tuesday so I might only be able to stay until sunday.
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

Dog Pants wrote:Mrs Pants agrees in principle, although Sprog might be back at school on the tuesday so I might only be able to stay until sunday.
Hang on, I thought schools didn't start back until September?

Also, I got my dates mixed up so I'm going to have to put holidays in. Shouldn't be a problem though.
Killavodka
Cheese Lord
Cheese Lord

Post by Killavodka »

It's ok, I know where you live now so it will be much harder to send me to a stranger's house :roll:
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

I'd like to, but it's a bit far if I'm not working, plus I have to check holiday dates as our annual jaunt to Anglesey is around then. Could maybe cheapen it up (collectively) if I could transport some other Midlanders up there with me.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I'll be going to Costco on saturday for pre-not-bash supplies if anyone wants me to pick up any cheap shit in bulk.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

I know this is last minute but one of the chaps myself and Pants know has had to drop out due to gammyness of the legs, so now have space for one more if anyone can make it.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Still not a bash was still not a win. It was definitely not great to see Anery and Pnut again, some brilliant games were not played, and lots of alcohol was not consumed. I won't be posting some pictures later. Thanks for nothing Anery and Mrs Anery!
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

That's good Pants, because I will not be holding one again and I won't be inviting you and I definately don't want you to bring Arkham Horror back or buy me cheap crates of beer and tequila mix.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

I did try to reply on the main page but it won't let me for some reason.

It was PNut that won the first, and only finalised, game of Relic - with me one step behind him and arguing about the rules.
I never rolled out a TIE Defender, just the Phantom.

If anybody is new to XWing and they have bought a load of groovy ships to play with then they should know - the TIE Phantom is a total bitch to fly. Dog Pants had no clue where it was going to end up - and neither did I. I'll be working on another list for next time - though my Firespray and TIE swarm did seem to work well the first time - and I will be practicing manouvres with that damn Phantom!
Thanks to Pants and PNut for proving much entertainments over the weekend, and for letting me retcon moves when I realised I didn't know the rules for my own ships.

Also, no need to bring Arkham back next time - the missus liked it so much we are getting a copy!
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I must have accidentally written TIE Defender. It took me a very long time to write that.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Corrected those bits and posted a test comment. I wonder why it isn't working for you. What did it do?
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Kept telling me to log in, wasn't even giving me the option to reply.

I should probably post a discussion about the XWing ships in the beardy forums - board game thread should be ok.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Ah, I've seen that before. I can't remember what causes it.