Brum Bash IX (for reals)

Forum for organising the next LAN event

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Re: Brum Bash IX (for reals)

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Ales and stout are quite expensive are they not? I like those but I'll happily just drink lagers too if price comes into play. FJ and Wiggy also like beer so they can help decide.
Wiggy
5pork
5pork

Post by Wiggy »

Mr. Johnson wrote:Ales and stout are quite expensive are they not? I like those but I'll happily just drink lagers too if price comes into play. FJ and Wiggy also like beer so they can help decide.
I dunno, ales aren't too bad price-wise. I can always bring some stuff with me in the car if you like?
Wiggy
5pork
5pork

Post by Wiggy »

I found a nice-looking ale shop about 5 minutes from my house - I'll bring a couple of crates in the car with me :)
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

You're a star Wiggy, thanks!
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I love the occasional stout. My personal favourites are Marston's Oyster Stout (doesn't taste of oysters) and Young's Double Chocolate Stout (does taste of chocolate).
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

Okay bitches, itinerary.

Friday
* Get your butts here pretty much any time after 2pm. If you're planning on arriving earlier, just let me know.
* There are local places you can get lunch at if you didn't get chance to before arriving.
* We'll have a mosey on down to the local pub/fast food/bank area and grab something like we did last year, easier that way.

Saturday
* Up a bit early to get everyone fed and washed and off to Warwick Castle. There's plenty to see and do there so we'll want most of the day.
* Breakfast at the Wheatsheaf (Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/pxOKi ) which is £3.99 for all you can eat, including Handmade Potatoes!
* Onwards towards Warwick Castle (Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/jSLFi ) where we'll be meeting Joose, Becki, FallenBlade (Joose and Pnut have met him at my birthday thing), and his girlfriend Sioned.
* Admission is £18 if you book before this Saturday, £21.60 if you book before bashday, and £24 if you book on bashday, or saturday. (Booking: http://www.warwick-castle.com/tickets-a ... rices.aspx )
* Emerald might be getting some fancy discount tickets on Monday, but she might not?! So, it's up to you if you want to wait till Monday and pay the £21.60 if she can't.
* Bottom line, please book tickets before the day, so we can avoid the long queues to buy them at the entrance!
* We'll go to whichever restaurant we pick on Saturday night, there are a few to choose from, and if all else fails there's a local Wetherspoons.

Sunday
* We've got breakfast sandwich supplies ordered. Eggs, bacon, sausages and white bread with sauces.
* Em's whipping up an excellent Sunday roast. A whole chicken and a pork joint, with trimmings.
* Should have plenty of time for some quality games on Sunday. Bring consoles, board games, card games etc. If you fancy running or playing some beardage, that's great. I'll prepare one of those crazy random hypermagic dungeons we played at Beardbash, and see if we can run it a little more smoothly.
* Bits and pieces for dinner, should have plenty of snacks ordered, but Tesco is just down the road if you need to grab extra stuff.

Monday
* Packing things away, playing some farewell games, drinking the last few bits.
* Empty the place some time between lunchtime and dinner just so we have chance to clean the place up afterwards.

Looking forward to seeing you all, if you have any last minute food or drink orders please get 'em in over steam, or the forum, or PM so we can add them to the Tesco shop. I'll put a little tip jar by the receipt in the kitchen if you fancy reimbursing me! :D
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Ticket bought for Warwick, I'll bring the PS3 and some games to play on it. I've actually been installing a load of them to save time, but ran out of disk space.

Dickinson & Morris make the best pork pies (I asked when I visited Melton Mowbray) and those Higgedy Pies we had at Beardbash are always nice.
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

Warwick ticket booked here, but I'll have to pick it up from there on the day, thus rendering the point of advance booking entirely moot. Hopefully this should be a painless experience and I saved a tenner at the £18 quid price - today is probably the last day you'll get that discount.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

tandino wrote:Warwick ticket booked here, but I'll have to pick it up from there on the day
Really? They emailed me a PDF file and I printed it out.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Dog Pants wrote:I love the occasional stout. My personal favourites are Marston's Oyster Stout (doesn't taste of oysters) and Young's Double Chocolate Stout (does taste of chocolate).
Warwick Davis drinks stout
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

:lol:
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

So are you guys alright with me doing an impromtu hello and joining you lot at the Castle?
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

No fuck off*

*Not actually going ;)
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Yes!
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Why don't you join us for the bash entirely Buzz? You could drive back home in the evening if you don't want to stay. (I think, you're midlands right?)
Wiggy
5pork
5pork

Post by Wiggy »

Just ordered two crates of beer from the Real Ale shop. I'll pick them up on Friday morning, but I won't know how much it'll cost as he's putting a sampler together. If anyone wants to throw me a few quid at the bash for some nice Derbyshire and Sheffield beers I wouldn't say no ;)
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Can and will do.
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

FatherJack wrote:
tandino wrote:Warwick ticket booked here, but I'll have to pick it up from there on the day
Really? They emailed me a PDF file and I printed it out.
Yeah, to be fair I could have accidentally selected the wrong delivery method with a misplaced scroll of the mouse wheel or something. Either way, if no one else has to pick up tickets and queues are bad I can just meet y'all inside once I have mine.
Shada
Shambler
Shambler

Post by Shada »

I'll be getting off the megabus at hill street/new street tomorrow at 1:20pm. Can I trouble someone to pick me up from new street station?
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Shada wrote:I'll be getting off the megabus at hill street/new street tomorrow at 1:20pm. Can I trouble someone to pick me up from new street station?
I'm picking up Mr J and Tandino from Birmingham International at about 1.30 so won't be able to get there as well, hopefully Wiggy's arriving around that time though.