26th April
67%

Total votes: 12

Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Re: BeardBash 2014

Post by Anery »

I'm bummed. Only two of us at my level on nights and the other guy has those dates booked off.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

HereComesPete wrote:Boo! Why couldn't you book this the weekend before for the bank holiday?!
I know, its a pain, sorry. I am otherwise engaged for the bank holiday weekend, otherwise I would have done.

Right, I want to start preparing content for the bashgames, so I need a finalised list of peoples. At the moment we have:

Grimmie
Em
bits
pnut
FJ
Jock
Me
Mrs Joose

Fair warning: we might not be able to squeeze everybody into every game as an active participant, but we will where we can and it should still be relatively entertaining to watch. I'll bung up some more threads for specifics as and when they are available.

Anyone else coming or any of the above dropping out? Speak now or forever hold your piece. If you haven't said by...oooh, lets give you till Monday, then people will only be able to join if other people drop out.
The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by The Shutting Downs »

Put me down for appearing. Will do my damndest to show
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

So I now have to change to a nay as my boss decided to tell me 3 weeks after I'd put my holiday request in that 2 other people have it booked off, somewhat shit as there's nothing I can do about it so I guess hopefully next time :cry:
emeraldsub
Ferret
Ferret

Post by emeraldsub »

If they approved your request they cant tkae it back now!
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

Unfortunately he hadn't actually approved it, and it wasn't until i thought to double check with him today before i booked train tickets he was like, oh yeah i meant to talk to you about that etc etc.

Gonna talk to one of the guys tomorrow who has that weekend off as him and our boss are just doing some "military" training exercise doo dad so that they can brag to each other about being better at it, so ima ask him if he minds just not doing it so i can come to this, but if that doesn't pan out then my only other options finding a new job (on the to do list already) before, and i don't know what the odds of either happening are.

Hopefully i will be back tomorrow saying im coming but trying to not get my hopes up too much.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

shot2bits wrote:Hopefully i will be back tomorrow saying im coming but trying to not get my hopes up too much.
Im guessing your boss said no then :(
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

Any requests for an adventure theme for D&D games?

I'm thinking fun little dungeon dives, but suggestions are welcome.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

How about a watery cave filled with crabs?
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Joose wrote:How about a watery cave filled with crabs?
The Urmom cave! Lolololol.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Joose wrote:How about a watery cave filled with crabs?
I can run the High Kyrke game again if you want, Joose ;)
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Only if I can be a Aesmir Paladin...
Shada
Shambler
Shambler

Post by Shada »

I've rejigged my calendar around and freed up some time by quitting my fuckin' job that I hate! So I can go to this now!

If anyone has the opportunity to give me a lift from Manchester that'd be swell as I'm going to be living cheaply for the forseeable future. Otherwise I'll megabus/coach it.
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

I'll be getting the train down mate, can't remember it costing to much last time.

Edit. Just checked and it's £40 return from Manchester Piccadilly, a bit more than I remember but that's the way I'll be going.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Pnut wrote:I'll be getting the train down mate, can't remember it costing to much last time.

Edit. Just checked and it's £40 return from Manchester Piccadilly, a bit more than I remember but that's the way I'll be going.
Probably get it much much cheaper if you book it in the next few weeks Pnut.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

That's about right for manc > leicester, IIRC, short of doing some cunning involving a ticket witch who knows how to make trips cheap through insanity.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

I just know from my trips back up from Pompey to the Midlands (~130 miles by road) that it was £45ish on the day for a return (which is what they quote on the fare websites at all times), but if I walked into the station and bought my tickets six weeks in advance, I could get the same trip for about £12.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

I'll be driving, but I don't know if I'll be of much help to fellow travellers other than shuttling from the station. Perhaps Grim and Em - you're pretty close to me but in the other direction - I don't know how you would normally get there but if I grabbed you both it would only cost us once, whereas train tickets cost per-person. I plotted a nice A-road route via yours which only just-over doubled the distance which even in my gas-slurping mancar would only be 10 or so quid more each way.
The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by The Shutting Downs »

So I'm at work Friday, because they have seconded me to a new role, but Free Saturday, Sunday is up in the air, so I may be along for at least one day.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Righto, so final confirmations of who is coming and when you are expecting to get here please! Also, if people need address or train details let me know, I shall PM you.

For sleeps: I am planning on Em and Grim going in the spare double bed, as they are the only couple attending and not doing that seems weird. Other than that there is plenty of floor space, I suggest it goes out on a first come first served basis. Or you can decide through an epic arena death match in our back garden. Or whatever. Its up to you.

For foods: We have multiple take-away options in the area, so I suggest something (theoretically) simple like pizza for Sat night. If no one has objections to yummy Indian food for Friday then there is a place down the road from us (do tell me ASAP though as we have booked a table so we would need to cancel. If you turn up on Friday going "No! No Indian food!" then tough noogies.) There's also a couple of good pubs for pub food for Sunday lunch. I'm open to suggestions for other meals.

I can buy in snacks/booze if you want (place your orders now!) or we can go for a supplies run when you get here. Theres a smallish supermarket about 5 mins walk away and a regular sized one on the edge of Loughborough about 10 mins drive away.

I'm also putting finishing touches on the Eclipse Phase game that I am preparing and have some stuff I want to send out to everyone playing so they have a chance to read in advance. Its not much reading, its just to cut down on prep time on the day. It could theoretically be fine with absolutely everyone in the one game, so just let me know if you specifically *don't* want to play that for some reason. Its a bit experimental, its not going to be your normal RPG experience, but it should hopefully be a lot of fun.

Any other questions?