Gentse Feesten 2014

Forum for organising the next LAN event

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Gentse Feesten 2014

Post by Mr. Johnson »

I'm posting this a bit early so that interested people can be on the lookout for cheap transport etc.

As I mentioned on teamspeak a few months back, there's a big festival in Ghent each year called the Genste feesten, which is a pretty huge festival that offers something for everyone. There's street performances, many food stands, music and off course lots and lots of booze. Since I probably won't be doing a bash next year I thought I could offer this as an alternative to anyone that's interested. You'd all be welcome to stay at our place, it's more than big enough but I can not offer you the same amount of comfort that Belgiumbash has but I'm fairly certain I can scrounge together a few sleeping bags, field mattresses and perhaps even an air mattress. Needless to say all our amenities would be at your disposal as well. Since it's a bit early I can't really tell you what bands will perform or what other types of entertainment there will be but I can assure you there's plenty to do for everyone and you could even bring your wee ones as during the day they have a few things for kids as well.

I will post more details as they become available but in the meantime you can read this wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentse_Feesten

The festival is from Friday the 18th of June to the 27th of June
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Re: Gentse Feesten 2014

Post by ProfHawking »

That actually sounds really nice. :likesitall:
Quite a long way off, so no fixed plans yet but will pop it my diary.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Damn, I need to stop procreating so that one day I can come to these things :-(
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Well, the kids and wife are welcome too but I can imagine it'd be a bit of trek.
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

I have to say i was thinking of a "bring ladyprof and proflet" type event, stay in a local b&b or something maybe?
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

I think the local b&b's and hotels do special rates but I'd have to check closer to June. I'm sure we can work something out though, if need be me and Mrs. J can babysit your sprog for the evening. We don't have a cellar so she'll be fine. ;)
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Kinda forgot about this but it's still on if there any interested people. I was off with my dates since it's actually in July not June. This year will probably be the best year to visit since two of our housemates left and there is a room free (without any beds or furniture though, just a heads up)
They have a website up with relevant info here: http://www.gentsefeesten.be/en