Amazon Gaming Sale

If you touch your software enough does it become hardware?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Amazon Gaming Sale

Post by Dog Pants »

Amazon are launching a PC gaming store, for peripherals and components, and more disappointingly junk food and shite clothes. To celebrate this they have put up one of those flash sale events all week. This interested me, because I was planning on upgrading this month anyway.*

The problem is there's so many sales these days, and the RRP of things are so rarely used, that I really haven't a clue what's a good deal any more. I found 16GB of DDR3 RAM for £56, down from about £112. Seemed like a great deal, but then another site had it for the same price. Nvidia GTX 970 graphics cards seem to be about £10 cheaper than OCUK, despite the RRP generally being about £40 more.

So I'm left feeling completely uninterested in buying anything any more, since I can't be arsed working out whether something is a decent price or not. It's no wonder people buy consoles.

*Incidentally, I'm not sure why I want to upgrade. It just seems right since I haven't changed anything in 3 years.
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Re: Amazon Gaming Sale

Post by TezzRexx »

£56 is pretty good for RAM, i paid just over £100 about a year ago for 16gb.

The thing I find most annoying about anything to do with sales that is tech related, is that often discounts are provided in such a short term. It's usually to shift some shitty stock before you have time to properly research it, and find what would actually benefit you the most, rather than just want is cheap for you and only meets some of your criteria.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Re: Amazon Gaming Sale

Post by buzzmong »

If you want some more RAM Doggers, I've got 8gb (2x4gb) of Corsair Vengence 9-10-9-27 DDR3 1866 which I was going to stick on ebay as I upgraded to 16gb the other week (for ~£80ish).

Tech sales are a bit weird, normally because PC bits aren't something you'd normally by on a whim.